New here....how ya'll doin'

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwhit

Building a 41 Ford panel....rustbomb, no doubt but its been awhile since I've done a project out of my junkyard. Kinda like to see what ya'll think, I mean I'm gonna build it my way (got a picture in my head, gonna make it look like that, which might be kinda scary,lol) but always am open to new ideas I like.Later Whit

Attachments

• moditied.JPG
    moditied.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 116
  • modified2.JPG
    modified2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 97
Looks like a really fun project. I like the way you have gone with it so far. It is a great vehicle to start with for a project.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome!

Mwhit,
Welcome to the forum! I'm currently workin' on a '41 Ford PU but missed a chance back in hi school to buy a '40 panel & have regretted it every since. Looks like u got a really kool project & we're definitely gonna wanna watch as u build it up! Make u're self @ home here!

BoB

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. Be sure to take lots of pics of the build and keep us updated.

40 acre field?

Welcome to RRR. Cool build. Man that truck is as long. Gonna need the proverbial football field to turn that one around. ;)

LOL anyone got one they can loan me? 40 acre field that is, my son says it'll take more than forty acres 'course he's building a 50 chevy pickup that he's planning on stuffing a 1000 horse 396 with a muncie 4 speed in......sniff, sniff took after ole dad, I'm so proud of him!!! Anyway the 41 has 162 inch wheelbase with the 12 inch suicide axle, I'm just havin' a blast building it. Later Whit

i am a huge fan of this build. i can't wait to see it w/ sunshine beaming on it! how much longer til you got it driving? just weld the rear and u can make u-turns in 30 yds i bet.

on the road?

probably will be at least a couple or three months maybe longer lol you know how it is, best laid plans and all that according to how the money goes and time.....which I seem to be finding out that I knew the money was hers, but she thinks the time is to......ya'll know what I mean? Later Whit

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to R^3

Thanks caddad....got few more things done just haven't remembered to take the camera over to the shop with me. Body lined up on the frame, motor mounts built got the front susp. built just figured out its gonna need another spring in the pack and get the track bar built. Been working OT so haven't gotten to do as much as I'd like to. Later Whit

Pretty?

I like a dangerous looking machine! :D Hope you aren,t planning to make it pretty :D

I think...wait....well, if I had any, my feelings might would be hurt....are you telling me its not pretty, 'cause if you're not as 'mater says "I like you awready" lol no the biggest thing that ercks the snot out of me is the funny looks I get when people ask me what color I'm gonna paint it and I tell them it is painted. I've gotta get my rear wheels and tires just don't have the cash to get the wheelsmith to build'em yet.....but its coming.

Attachments

• 100_0390.jpg
    100_0390.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0394.jpg
    100_0394.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 29
I'm back.....at it

Been working on the 41 along with my son and stepson's projects...first time I've gotten the cameras (my wifes and stepson's) over to the shop in a while....just my luck both batteries died. Gonna post what I've gotten and gonna try to get some more today. I know I don't post much, spend most of my time reading to get ideas. Later Whit

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh...............

Lets see if I can get it this time.....not a real good picture of the outside.....resized wrong

Attachments

• Inside mod.jpg
    Inside mod.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Outside mod.jpg
    Outside mod.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Time is NOT on my side

This is whats eating up the time the 41 should get....my sons project. Also started another just about like it for my stepson first of the week.....so there goes some more time. They're leaving for Air Force basic training in June so I've been spending alot of time helping them and just hanging out with them. Want to help them get their buggys running before they leave for basic. Later Whit

Attachments

• D buggy rear mod.jpg
    D buggy rear mod.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 18
  • D buggy mod.jpg
    D buggy mod.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back