New here with 50 f100 axle questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadetree

I have 1950 f100 front axle and need to see what fits these spindles.....I have acess to a pattern to fab caliper mounts but not having any luck on rotors.......trying to build with as many junkyard finds as possible.Any ideas other than "speedway"?They show kits but they are for passenger car spindles.(and pretty high for what it is)Thanks for any help I can get[S

ECI has 48-56 Ford P/U kits 160$ for the basics. On their site they list what rotors are used for all their kits EXCEPT that one?! Still have to have the right bearings too.

Thanks Sam....found a shop where they can make the bearings I need today.Once I see if it works I will post it on here with all the contact info for everyone else.Buddy of mine used them alot for his race car.

Thanks motorhead....actually got it worked out(I think) using 93 f150 hubs and rotors with bearings from the parts store.Should work out since I will end up with a ford rearend now.

If you can find someone that has used one of those conversion kits, they should be able to tell you what rotor and bearing part #s to use. The kit I used for my 63 listed the model/yrs of cars to take the rotors from and the specific bearing #s.

Somebody on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum might tell you. I'm sure dozens of them have made the switch.

Thanks Sam..found the numbers and wrote them down.Now if I could find that link again..........Thanks for all the input on this guys!Tried to find info on kb and no luck.Had more responses on here just on the intro than in all of my posts there combined!Off to the garage....got a frame to lay out![cl

If you can find someone that has used one of those conversion kits, they should be able to tell you what rotor and bearing part #s to use. The kit I used for my 63 listed the model/yrs of cars to take the rotors from and the specific bearing #s.

Somebody on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum might tell you. I'm sure dozens of them have made the switch.

Not sure about rotors, but the bearing part is easy. If you can give me the ID and OD of the race, Ican look it up. I think I have the seal book too, just need ID and OD of seal.

Not sure about rotors, but the bearing part is easy. If you can give me the ID and OD of the race, Ican look it up. I think I have the seal book too, just need ID and OD of seal.

Maybe I should have said this;

The bearing ID is the spindle size and the rotor where the bearing race goes would be the OD.

Same on the seal;

The spindle size where the seal runs would be the ID and the size of the hole where the seal fits in the rotor is the OD.

Hopefully this is easier.

Latest posts

Back