new ideas?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterdan

Ive been looking around trying to find ideas for my first project and I came up with an idea that I haven't seen done before and Im just looking for some more experienced builders thought on the idea. Im thinking about taking an old truck cab, putting it on a smaller truck frame(s10 or similar) with an extended front end and a small box. (been done lots I know but stick with me) instead of just sticking with a small box I was considering turning the small box into rumble seats! ive looked around and cant find anyone having done it before. what do you guys think?

Hey Bob! Where have you been? Haven't see you around these parts in a long time. Welcome back :cool:

I have found in the auto world it's really hard to come up with some thing truly original is hard, I'm just waiting to see a chopped sectioned el camino [cl but if you like it that's the what counts.
good luck with it

There was a guy with a pickup with a car (Desoto) rear that had seats.
As far as the el camino, there was one that was chopped, sectioned and shortened on the burger. As far as modifying a vehicle, it has been done....its just how you present it that may be different....started with the 999 car.

weld on.......[;)

rumble seats

I checked with the cops to see if someone could ride in my lawn chairs. Of course they said no. And don't even think about rideing in the swing! OH!!! what a thrill it whould be rolling down the interstate at 70mph in a swing. The law here in Tennesse is, the only time you can ride in the back of a truck, when your going to and from farm to farm or field to field. So check to see if it's legal.

Old Iron, are you being facetious or ironic?

I'm waiting to see somebody chop and slam a 48 Olds 4 door.... :)

I checked with the cops to see if someone could ride in my lawn chairs. Of course they said no. And don't even think about rideing in the swing! OH!!! what a thrill it whould be rolling down the interstate at 70mph in a swing. The law here in Tennesse is, the only time you can ride in the back of a truck, when your going to and from farm to farm or field to field. So check to see if it's legal.

Law here is no riding in the back. But that's over ridden if you're sitting in a seat that's securely mounted to the truck. And I would add seatbelts for less hassling as well. Even though it's legal, the hassling by the cops might not be worth it to me.

Subaru Brat: Seats are weatherproof, shockproof, come with "Holy Sh**" handles...

1984_Subaru_BRAT_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

... and they can fly like the General Lee... until you reach their trajectory limit. [ddd

There was a guy with a pickup with a car (Desoto) rear that had seats.
As far as the el camino, there was one that was chopped, sectioned and shortened on the burger. As far as modifying a vehicle, it has been done....its just how you present it that may be different....started with the 999 car.

weld on.......[;)

OK Ricks what the burger[S this I gota see[P

Latest posts

Back