New in rrr from Quebec, Canada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadster

Pincourt, close to Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Hello everybody,
I'M back in bicycle, since I did'nt drive it the last 35 years. I bought a Sportster 1982, 1000cc Roadster last spring With carb. problems. it took me all summer to fix it and I did 200 miles in the season. First it was the accelerator pump; change for an Andrew at the same time, I did an antirust job in the tank and finally find the ignition sensor was the problem of stalling after 7 minutes of ride, and so I had to push te bike back to the house. I just put some heat sink paste from cpu computer, with some silicone all over it, and it's still good.

This spring, insted of putting again some money and more: my time again. I bought a sportster 1200cc custom 2009 from the dealer HD. And gess what...The battery was dying overnight. They took the bike for 2 1\2 weeks, did'nt find nothing, a rattle from the pipes come as : They sell me the bike with wrong aftermarket pipes. So they change the pipes and give me the bike another two weeks later. I finally fix the electrical issue, the pump relay was corroded, I put a new one and I also put some dielectic grease.

Now the interest for me, is to build a rat bike with my old sportster and a magna 750cc 1984 than I just get from a friend for $100. with the papers too. If you have any ideas for me as a project I'm open: Build the Sportster alone, with a mix of the Magna, or the Magna alone. I'm new in that and at least for now, I have a kind of bike to drive...and a winter project.
Sorry if my english is not so good but i'm a french from Pincourt, half an hour from Montreal, in the province of Quebec, Canada.
Thank's,

Attachments

• Picture 288.jpg
    Picture 288.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 159.jpg
    Picture 159.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back