new member first post

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayres29

hey guys im currently a college student in PA originally from AR and i have recently come to LOVE rat rods and really want to start a build of my own i was wondering what kind of truck i could start with i was wanting something i could drive while a work on it and just build it a piece at a time with the materials i come across old school style if anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum. I'd say look for something cheap that runs well. Try Craig's List & daBay! Good luck & keep us posted! :D

BoB

Welcome to the site! I would do as Tripper said and just find one that you like. It will probably be hard to find a good running 50's truck but a 60's should be easier. Good luck on the hunt.

Welcome to the site! I would do as Tripper said and just find one that you like. It will probably be hard to find a good running 50's truck but a 60's should be easier. Good luck on the hunt.

there is a 55 dodge for sale in my area that i want to pick up it has a 440 in it and a brand new rebuild trans its on ebay for 1100 right now hope i can come up with some cash to snatch it

thanks guys ive been doing some research and people see to hate the front end of s10 frames.. why isnt a frame a frame

thanks guys ive been doing some research and people see to hate the front end of s10 frames.. why isnt a frame a frame

Welcome. Its because the independent front suspension and big frame horns on S10 frames,or any others like it, is considered UGLY on a non fendered car or truck.

Welcome. Its because the independent front suspension and big frame horns on S10 frames,or any others like it, is considered UGLY on a non fendered car or truck.

i dont mind either, but the engine is far forward on the frame compared to
where i feel like it should be -- s-10 frame is no big deal if youre not going fenderless though --

Registering it depends on several factors including your state requirements.
It gets done in every state there are just different ways of doing it. Talking to several builders in your state who have gone thru the process will help. The dmv in PA is probably like most and the answers you get there will depend on who you talk to. Don't worry to much about it, you can get it done one way or another :)

Registering it depends on several factors including your state requirements.
It gets done in every state there are just different ways of doing it. Talking to several builders in your state who have gone thru the process will help. The dmv in PA is probably like most and the answers you get there will depend on who you talk to. Don't worry to much about it, you can get it done one way or another :)

thanks but ill probably be registering whatever i get in AR cause thats where im originally from

welcome, my advise is to take your time and pick something you really like I went through 4 cars before I got what I really wanted, all the money I put in my previous cars would of been nice for my 52' Chevy p/u. Don't get me wrong it was fun and i learned alot about Rat Rodding, but i would of liked to have gotten my truck back then.

welcome, my advise is to take your time and pick something you really like I went through 4 cars before I got what I really wanted, all the money I put in my previous cars would of been nice for my 52' Chevy p/u. Don't get me wrong it was fun and i learned alot about Rat Rodding, but i would of liked to have gotten my truck back then.

yeah i learned that the hard way with my last car i put so much time and money into it and then the tranny went in it and i was out all that money so im going to wait to get something i really want

Latest posts

Back