New member, newer truck with old style...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyanide Jello

Hi, I'm Doug... I'm 22 and from Va... I'm into rat rods just don't know much about OLD vehicles... I love the look of rat rods and older cars and love taking newer vehicles and giving them a nastalgic type look... I hang with a lot of hot rodders and rat rodders when I can to pick up info and how-to's... I drive a 94 Chevy S10 w/ a 2.2... I keep it clean and I get thumbs up from all the rat rodders for the direction I'm goin with it... As it sits right now, I'm rollin 5" drop on 14x6 1st gen s10 wheels on 185/70/14 and 205/75/15 white wall hankooks for the winter... I have too many modifications to list... If you have any questions just ask... So heres the pics, if I post too many feel free to bitch me out b/c I'm a member at s10forums.com and we're pic whores... Enjoy!

P1000736.jpg

P1000737.jpg

P1000739.jpg

IMG3019.jpg

P1000321.jpg

Welcome. If you want old school wheels, go get a cheap white wall tire and grind the black off for a homemade wide white. If you like it, go for a set. A set of steelies with 50's Chevy baby moons might show nice too.

Is that a coil spring under your hood?

Yea, I believe its a stock coil out of my buddy's Colorado...

I have a set of stock steelies off of god only knows what but they have Chevy dog dishes on em but I was debating on whether or not to run those. So I settled on the 1st gen dime wheels...

I also posted a pic above of when I had my truck sittin on stock 94-03 s10 wheels flat blacked with beauty rings on 215/60/15 Falken tires w/ beauty rings... I loved those wheels...

P1000740.jpg

I do know about the grindin on the whites... I have a how-to from an issue of rebel rods I frequently look at... The opposite side of the tire in the pic has actually been ground on by me practicing to make wide whites...

As for the zipties, my engine bay doesn't look like that anymore... I fixed up good... I ran slim metal rods through the fins in the rad. to support the efan... In the minitruckin world I guess you could call it, zipties are a minitruckers best friend... Great for hanging air lines... Which btw I'm tryin to get an air ride kit together the set my truck on the ground with...

I've also had a 91 s10 that I had cut coils on and yanked the leafs and rattle bombed 3 shades of grey, on a set of flat black 14s and white walls... It was my project truck for a while, just somethin to tinker with when I was bored... Never had it on the road... I bought it for 300 bux and put a new front end on it and did some body work and money got tight so I sold it to a kid in NC and he fixed it up really nice...

IMG_4020.jpg

The project I'm gettin ready to start is gonna be my "rat tuner" as I like to call it... Its an 85 Buick Skyhawk with a 2.0 ohc 4spd auto on 13" steelies and white walls... The coils are gonna get hacked and some engine/exhaust work and a ton of body work... The ol lady wants it to be our project car so she can learn things...

Truck looks good, Jello. Never been a fan of "S" trucks but yours looks better than any other I've seen. Like my teacher used to say, "keep up the good work".

Thanks for the comments guys... Its nice to hear this stuff comin from the older guys... I really appreciate it... If you want more pics just ask... I have tons of pics of my truck from stock to current and pics of trucks and cars that I've worked on...

Welcome ,nice truck.S-10s are fun to mess with.My dad stuffed a chev small block in his and has tons of fun w/it.

I have a delima with that... Every s10 owner wants an SBC... Screw that... I want somethin else... I want to be different... I had considered ripping the FI out of the truck, gettin a custom intake made out of my stock one (being aluminum) and running dual 2 barrels... No I don't want em stickin through the hood or nothin crazy like that... I like my truck clean and simple and seemless... I would like to rebuild the engine while that is goin on and get it bored .030 over and all the goodies in the bottom end... Patriot makes a cyl head for my engine and I'd deff like to get that... Deffinately get a cam from Clevite etc etc etc...

One step at a time...

Welcome.......

Nice truck, welcome to the site.:cool:
You already figured out that we are photo junkies.... '22

Heres a few more random shots... I take a lot of photos of my truck so if there is somethin that looks funny just disregard it...

P1000014.jpg

Dscn0061.jpg

When my truck was all white... Paint and body done by Brian Hill, Red House, Wv... PPG GM Fleet White and 7 layers of PPG Clear

Dscn0060.jpg

When I drug the **** out of my stock molded rollpan...

S6002416.jpg

And for sh*ts and giggles heres a pic I edited when my truck was on the stock 15s w/ beauty rings.

002.jpg

MOOOOOOOORE!!!!

Skid plate, 5" drop on rubberbands

P1000311.jpg

P1000604-1.jpg

Pic I edited when she was all white sittin on the 'tens... Just tryin to get a feel for things

BaggedinMay-1.jpg

So, I've been gone a couple weeks... While I was gone I did some.... "Upgrading"... New seats out of a Camaro (custom padded custom wrapped), put my air ride on the front, changed out the PS pump, installed new 4" drop blocks in the rear, installed my new 14" beauty rings and a few other small things...

1.jpg

4.jpg

101_0646.jpg

P1000765.jpg

Latest posts

Back