Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papamike

Hello my grand kids call me papa mike im a 47 year old carpenter. I have worked for the same contractor for 30 years. In my spare time i like to build hot rods. For years it has been traditional muscle cars. I have recently built a 1922 Tbucket it has a fiberglass body that was made in the 60s. but now im in the process of building a 42 ford pick up rat rod. thanks i look forward to being a part of this forum.

Welcome to the best Rat Rod forum out there!
Looking forward to seeing.......um.......Pictures......of your project :)
Feel like someone already said that somewhere.

I assure you, most of the time were not this obnoxious.....MOST of the time :) Though pictures ARE a plus :)

42 ford

^^^x3 welcome. Whats ur build plans for ur 42 ford? Chop channel no fenders zee d frame? They had a 42 jailbar pu at the salvage yard here which he said was rare due to war production reducing domestic bound pickups. I got a hood from a 47 if u need one.

papamikes pics

I will post some pics as soon as i figure out how. Ill wait till my son gets off work and he will show me. Im kinda computer illiterate just learned how to turn one on a year ago.

Im from Temple Tx its between Waco and Austin here are some pics of my new prject and my 22 bucket

Attachments

• f10.jpeg
    f10.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7
  • f15.jpg
    f15.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SAM_1455.JPG
    SAM_1455.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 20
Welcome aboard

Glad you found the site "Papa". We like wheeled thingyese here and you have a great start. Hope to see progress pictures so start a "build" thread so we can follow along with your work. By the way trucks rule. I bet I will catch h... from the folks here for saying that. All the outstanding builds at this site are remarkable. The talent, innovation, ideas and knowledge everyone at this site has makes this THE place. Enjoy and we will keep you encouraged. Steve

Last edited:
I was looking at the pics of your 36 frame Steve "agduece" it look simular to the frame i found did you remove the x braces before you boxed it in or box it to the x. Im having alot of trouble posting pics but im working on it. already have one 42 cab and im going to look at another this evening already chopped and on a frame dirt cheap. might as well build 2.

i'm also a newbie & in the same boat. when one of my kids show up, i'll have to have them show/do some photos too. this is an amazing site. welcome form ohio

Latest posts

Back