New/old guy from south

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMP

Found the board from reading about it on another board. I'm 54 been building,driving hotrods and customs since my first car in 67. I've always been a motorhead and now I have a son that's 17 and is ate up with the old cars. That's good for me. We are currently building and driving a 59 buick 2 dr hrd top for him with a 65 /425/sp4oo/ . It's making a pretty nice old car. it's a mild custom . I found the car in Roswell N.M. with 56,000 miles. It had been parked since 71. For me I am collecting parts to build[have everything except time} a 27 t coupe. I have the frame built[stepped 14" back and 4" front}and waiting to get back on it. It will also have a 425/sp400/2x4/ and a 9". It will be a bare bones car. I'm on most buick boards and a couple of other rod boards. Glad to see you have the guts to call the cars ratrods. It seems to offend some. I'm a superintendant for a construction company in Conroe,Texas. I was a pipeline welder most of my life them my eyes went bad. I read more than I post but will jump in if I believe I can help. yes ,I'm long winded. TMP

Welcome!

TMP,
Welcome to the forum & let's see some fotos of that '59. My Dad had a '59 Buick with a Wildcat 445 motor & that sucker would eat highway!!! I LOVED that car!!! I can still hear the sound it make when u stomped it to pass another car on the open road! Music!!!

BoB

Last edited:
Yep, welcome. We love it when Dads, Moms, and kids get involved with doing this hobby together. The cars become secondary to the memories and time spent together. :):)

Fire off some pictures when you can of both projects.

Don

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you, Its nice to hear about you and your son. I can't wait until mine is old enough to start lending a hand.

I'll get my son to post some pictures as soon as I take some. The cars out in the shop and I'll pull it out. I don't know how to post the pictures. thats why I had kids.Hah! I am completely computer stupid. This seems like a friendly place. I get so tired of the computer tough guys. I am so lucky to have a son that is into the cars. If he was into skydiving I'd be falling out of perfectly good airplanes. I followed my daughter through all of her teen years and will do the same for my son.We like cars with paint or in it's natural state. The buick has it original paint and interior. It's a little crusty but not any rot out. It came from the dry dessert of New Mexico. It has really nice door panels,headliner and excellant floors. The seats were dry rotted so we put the ole bright colored mexican blankets on it. Plan on painting the car eventually. It'll be black with the metal flake crystal white flake on it with Watson style scallops. I want to put a pearl white interior in it. The 27 will never have paint. It is in primer and will stay that way. It has a super nice body. I only had to put one patch panel in it. Thanks for the hardy welcome. I recognize a few of the people on here from other boards. I'm TP on most of the other places but it was too short of a title for here. It's real original,my intials. Thanks again and if anyone needs me to look at a car or project down here just let me know. TP

Latest posts

Back