New Old Schooler here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatHead

Hello everyone..my name is Joe. i am retired and have been away from classic cars for about 25 years..in the fall of 07 i got back into classic cars by purchasing a 64 Ford Galaxie 500..a great survivor with everything original.352 cu and 3 two's...just this week i purchased a 29 Ford model A pickup..i am going to build a Rat Rod out of it..using as much original parts and old items that i can..the old patina will be saved and i am hoping the original flathead will be ok.the truck won't be delivered for about 2 weeks...the theme i want on my Rat will be alot of items with skulls and a halloween spooky look...i am really excited about the project and have alot of ideas for my first Rat.......this site is just awesome i stumbled on it a couple hours ago..alot of great advice and info...looking forward to talking to all of u..stay safe enjoy your RAT...sincerly Joe Old School Rat Head......ps.i have lived in my home about 35 years now..i went into the attic to put some more insulation in 2 months ago..i found a box i had forgotten was there..well in it were my old car magazines from the 50's and 60's !!!! it's so interesting to read and view the photos and to know this style is now the IN thing again....what a great surprise and find..take care.:)

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like you are getting a '29 that was rodded at one time because you mention it's flathead. Is that the case or is it stock right now?

I'm like you, I keep lots of the old magazines in the shop bathroom for research. :p It's really cool to see the way things were done back then, some of it was pretty crude, but it worked.

When you get your new prize home shoot us some pictures.

Don

It's the original engine in the model A it has a FLAT HEAD BUT i guess that really isn't the term for it...i have a digital camera and will take pics ..i don't know much about computers or cameras so will have to get help from a friend ..thanks

Welcome to RRR RatHead. If that 29 pickup still has the stock engine it it, it's a 4 banger like Don eluded to.

i have to learn the termanology for my model A and Rat Rods..i am learning alot...so they just call an original model A engine a 4 Banger ...ok .i appreciate any and all advice and comments..thank you to everyone..happy Ratting.:)

Thanks everyone...i learned the terminology > a flat head is from 1932 to 1952....i just assumed that my 29 model A was a so called Flathead as the head was flat..but i'll call it a 4 banger..Enjoy Da Rat .:)

Thank u all..i have been glued to my lazy boy the past few days > Barret Jackson :)..they are going to deliver my 29 pickup by the end of the month..will take alot of piks and will have to get my neighbor to post them as i don't know much about those things..happy Ratting everyone...:)

Latest posts

Back