New Project-- 26 T Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldracer22

Well, the 1926 Model T Coupe is home in my shop. I hope I haven’t bitten of more than I can chew. I have never messed with a model T before. This is my second hot rod. The first was a fiberglass 27 roadster nothing like this real steel car. The car is complete except for the engine, the hood and the radiator shell. The body is in pretty good shape. The

We are going to see some pictures.... Yes?

Sounds like a great project. I look forward to watching your build.

Gold03

sorry 'puter seemed to be in a bad mood last night

Well, the 1926 Model T Coupe is home in my shop. I hope I haven’t bitten of more than I can chew. I have never messed with a model T before. This is my second hot rod. The first was a fiberglass 27 roadster nothing like this real steel car. The car is complete except for the engine, the hood and the radiator shell. The body is in pretty good shape. The only rust through on the body is on the left rear corner. The fenders are good except where they meet the running boards. The floorboards are pretty bad. The sub rails seem to be pretty good. I plan to leave this full fendered, probably a mild chop. I guess I will be building a new frame. I built the glass 27 T roadster in 6 months. I think this one will take a lot longer. My son (the sprint car racer) thinks I should put all silver crown car running gear under it. Live axle quickchange with birdcages in the rear and front axle with 6 pin hubs and big disc brakes. That would really be wild but would present a lot of engineering problems. Anyway I am a long way from having to decide yet. I am going to do all the bodywork first. I am just really excited and wanted to share. Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• IMG_1288 (2).jpg
    IMG_1288 (2).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1289 (4).jpg
    IMG_1289 (4).jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1287 (5).jpg
    IMG_1287 (5).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1290 (5).jpg
    IMG_1290 (5).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 31
Your coupe is a beauty! An excellent start for a very cool hot rod. I know what I would do with it but I won't tell you because you need to fulfill your vision, not mine.

Just remember, keep the finish line in sight but focus on one sub project at a time. That way you will be able to chew every bite you take. Huh??? Oh well, you get the idea.

Was that on craigslist? Up north?

If ya ever need a hand my numbers below.

Yeah 21Willys, it was on craigs list in the Fort Wayne area. It actually came from Arcola. It's on SR14 just west of Ft.Wayne. He actually has a trailer load of 1926 Model T coupes and sedans. There were 8 of them when I was there. He said they all came from out west, but that was all the information he was getting off. LOL. Most of them were minus doors, the coupes were also minus decklids. I have found out that the doors and decklids to fit these are now made of solid gold $$$$. He had one 26 T coupe with doors and decklid, totally rust free, $4K for the body only. It was really nice, but I wanted fenders, so decided to go with the one I got. Lots of surface rust but saveable. The fenders are pretty salty too.

Latest posts

Back