New project, what is it??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you set the oilpan up with the bottom of the frame, are you going to be able to see around the valve covers? I`m just wondering if you have mocked this up yet.

im thinkin if the it all works out the way i hope the valve covers will be even if not a inch or two above the cowl.... im not choppin the cab and i channeled it only about 3"...... the engine is not mocked up yet so im hoping :) i also dont want to be afraid of gravel roads so if it comes down to the oil pan sitting a bit below the frame ill build a skid plate to protect it.[;)[;)[;)

sneaky, how much ground clearance did you build into the front of the frame? im thinking of setting the front of the frame at about that 5" of ground clearance to hopefully clear bad things on the road....

Slammed my grill sits at 2-3/4" from the ground, frame is about 3" at its lowest on the cross member and the rear bed sides are at 1". It will "hump" up to 9" in front and 6-1/2" in the back

Attachments

• 2011-04-12 16.02.41.jpg
    2011-04-12 16.02.41.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 83
  • 2011-04-12 15.59.35.jpg
    2011-04-12 15.59.35.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 69
thats a nice ride sneaky [dr i see you bagged the front too.... im so on the fence to bagging the front of mine, i have it all mocked up now with dual leafs up front, and i spent a bit of time in the garage lastnight..... SHE'S A ROLLER!![cl[cl [P
didnt get a chance to measure final clearance in the front but i know that cummins will weigh er down a little bit... also soon it will get rolled outside for some pics free of the confines of my dingy garage.

I love the build...I have a 26 Chrysler 4 and your dash and body are the same as mine. It's lookin' sweet man!

26chrysler, where is you build on your 26 4 door?? [cl[cl
ive been trying to figure out what exactly my cab is, and would love to see some pics of yours. ive looked at many cabs from the 20's trying to nail it down but there are always some differences, maby the canadian cabs were built differently than american versions but not sure. mine does not have the holes i commonly see for the cowl mounted signal lights and another thing i have not seen before is the thick brass accents on the tops of the A pillars. does your 26 four door have anything like mine?? also id like to see what the original roof top looks like.

get building that four door 26chrysler!! [;)[;)

so summer is starting to get in the way of rat rod building...... :(
but she is a roller and deserved to have a couple pics from outside........

ratrodprogress068.jpg

ratrodprogress071.jpg

ratrodprogress073.jpg

air bags aired down..............

ratrodprogress074.jpg

ratrodprogress075.jpg

track locator

Burnin, if by chance you do have to use a rear end track locator this pic is the one I use on all my drag cars. It keeps the rear housing centered perfectly in the chassis with no side to side arch and it's $134.99 + freight from Jeg's.
It's a wishbone style and can be mounted above or below the rear, forward or backwards makes no difference.;)

Attachments

• wishbone1.jpg
    wishbone1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
well.... its been a short summer... outside stuff got done..... garage that became a catch all over the summer months got cleaned (a little) and i think its time to finish this build, getting married next summer and this girl is goin to drive us into the sunset so...... i gotta deadline to meet!! building should insue in the next little while!!

also i still dont really know that exactly this cab is, note the center door hinge aligns with body line and the curved cast brass accents on each side of the windshield...... thinkin dodge bros, but havnt seen anything with the windshield brass things... also it WAS a 4 door turned into a 2 door a VERY long time ago :D

Burnin,
Have you done any research into certifying you ride in Alberta? I would be interested in what you found out or where you are going to take it. I see you are a HD Mech. Might be able to do your own?

Cool ride. Not sure if Alberta has this kinda thing yet. Every guy in a rig rocket is going to need a neck brace from the head swivel they are going to do as you blow by[cl

If you need a hand drinking beer, you just PM me.

Gold03

thanks gold :D
i replied to your thread before i saw this reply... for a shop to do collision or out of province insp. the shop it self needs to be certified and sadly here at bobcat we are not... there is a truck shop in the city (forget the name) that does collision insp. i will have to scope them out and see what my options are soon, i need to get this thing done for my wedding in august.... its gonna be our ride from the ceremonies :D

where in edmonton are you located? i live right by the city center airport near NAIT.

JD

Latest posts

Back