New project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKustoms

Just bought this 1948 GMC panel. All original and runs too. Going to add 48 chevy truck front end, grill, and hood. Gonna dump the GMC front. Has a 235 in it now. Will run that for a while, then eventually add a SBC and subframe. Should look pretty cool! :)
TTYL
Steve///
296933639.jpg

Last edited:
Great panel!

Customs,
I love panels & that 1 looks in really nice condition! They typically have rot around the doors... especially around the back doors! How are the doors on this 1? Keep us posted!!!

BoB

Nice panel. Tho, I would keep the GMC nose unless you use a 54 - 1st series 55 nose. That's my personal favorite on this series truck.

I sort of agree, the current front end really isn't bad at all. If it were butt ugly or something that would be different, but it really isn't. But it's of course your truck and if you prefer the other one that is what matters.

Nice looking truck, and looks to be very solid for sure.

Don

Thanks! I hav'nt got it home yet. Will pick it up this weekend. Gonna yank a few leaf springs to get it lower in the front. Add lowering blocks to the rear. Change the rims and tires to something more old school. Has tuner style rims on it. Make sure it's in good running condition. And drive the heck out of it.
LOL
Steve///

If the one I had was closer to the condition of yours I would have kept it but it was gonna be a too long term project. When I saw the '34 I've got I had to have it so I swapped the GMC (also a '48) for it. This was the only one I knew of here in South Africa.

20030215133818-MVC-001S.jpg

20030215133840-MVC-004S.jpg

Latest posts

Back