new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey Guys
put a new project in my shop today:D.
question no# 1 can I share this build here on RRR beings its not a rat rod or do I need to find another site;). all kidding aside I've wanted a shoebox for years, had one in 63 when I was in the Navy but I also had a new baby guess witch one I got to keep:rolleyes:.

Attachments

• DCP01117.JPG
    DCP01117.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DCP01118.JPG
    DCP01118.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DCP01119.JPG
    DCP01119.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DCP01120.JPG
    DCP01120.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 51
No fair, no fair, no fair. Man I can't even find time to finish one. ;)

Looks good Doug, and seems you have a head start there already. Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

little more

It has over 200 luvers on the hood. I know it looks a little ruff but no rust anywhere:D. chop was done pretty good. it got hit in the rear end a new roll pan and new trunk lid come with it. I like how they did the small trunk lid I'll go the same way when I repair it. also radis the rear wheel wells. my Dr. going to S*** when he finds out I have a new project, but I can't just sit around. I'll be posting as I go Doug

Attachments

• DCP01121.JPG
    DCP01121.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DCP01122.JPG
    DCP01122.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 23
  • DCP01124.JPG
    DCP01124.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 40
Yes came as you see it. lots of extra parts. I thinking of poping the body off the frame and setting it on a camiro/ firebird frame or a s-10. any Ideas out their:confused:?? seen it done ?? let me know, just starting my research into it, any headstart info anyone has I'll be thankfull Doug :)

Yes came as you see it. lots of extra parts. I thinking of poping the body off the frame and setting it on a camiro/ firebird frame or a s-10. any Ideas out their:confused:?? seen it done ?? let me know, just starting my research into it, any headstart info anyone has I'll be thankfull Doug :)

I'm calling your Dr. and telling him I have offered to save your life by taking on your new project. No need for thanks That's just the kind of Guy I am.

looks good....a great way to start a project-enuf of a car to LOOK like a car, yet still incomplete enuf to make it your own!! will be looking for more of that one..:D:cool:

Thanks Guys, I'v found a couple of S-10's on Craigslist for a doner frame. after reading a bunch of posts I think thats the way to go. Hope to pick one up soon and then get started:) Maybe just maybe I'll have it on the road late this summer:rolleyes: we'll see I'll keep you guys posted Doug

Latest posts

Back