New projects

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the bug bit again... Found a 1947 kb5 flat bed on cl with clean title and been sitting for almost 20 years in a building. Went in aired up the tires with nitrogen dug out in front of the tires any gave it a couple yanks and drug it out and up o to a flatbed and dumped clutch on it on the way back off and got the motor unstuck. Paid 750 for it got I believe a complete chrome grill plus some extras and about 75 dollars to a buddy for driving me down to get it

Attachments

• IMG_20150711_173055443.jpg
    IMG_20150711_173055443.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20150711_173051154_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150711_173051154_HDR.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20150711_173040248.jpg
    IMG_20150711_173040248.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 33
Wow! Thanks for saving these old relics 49. The mail truck is awesome! Please don't paint it! New rubber and down in front. :cool:

No problem earthman its definitely a bug with these old binders for me.

No plans on painting the mail truck. Only planning necessity's to make it daily drivable. Dropping in 5.9 Cummins with automatic. Dually axle from a chevy cab and chassis for better gearing and hopefully swapping front hubs to get modern brakes and wheels on the old front axle along with air bags all around

That sounds like a sweet plan, great looking truck.
Can't believe someone didn't buy it in the last 20 years!

Yeah sounds like the p evious owner has a bat case of roditus because there's already 20 different old cars and trucks sitting around but didn't get a chance to snoop. He has finally realized that he can't build them all though and is selling more off

Top chop ?

Criss boggess, The Street Rod Instructor at UVU has done a couple Binder top chops the easy way, He does not mess with the doors since the door glass is quite a bit shorter than the windshield. He removes the inner roof liner then cuts the windshield headder loose, splits the apost down a ways then slides the header down 2 or 3 inches. he pie cuts the roof skin and reshapes the roof to take out the bubble , trim off the bottom of the doors an channel athe cab a bit the look right when he is done.
He has some U tubes on hiss willys builds but I haven't seen any binders yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIm3ptWE-kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUtgNlCEcdE

Latest posts

Back