New Ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freakdude

Havent posted for a while, just wanted to check in and post some pictures of my new ride. Its a '59...

Attachments

• 100_0975.jpg
    100_0975.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_0979.jpg
    100_0979.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_0980.jpg
    100_0980.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 34
That thing is awesome! 59 GM had a grate look. Not too sure about that quarter window.... but it's still awesome! Any plans for it, other than drive it?

Thanks , Ive just about blown my budget for this year. Mostly suspension mods. I redid the shock mounts on the rear and swapped out the air shocks. I had to cut the upper mounts off the Camaro posi because they were hitting the floor and exhaust. I put a stereo in it and a heater kit from speedway. I was able to pipe up the defrosters using sink parts. I spent the last couple of weeks trying to work the bugs out of that Camaro subframe. The original springs were wasted and the sway bar and upper control arm bushings were basically gone. After alot of trial and error I finally caved and took it to a local spring shop to try to find some springs that would work. All the Camaro springs are too weak and lowered it soo much you couldnt turn the front wheels with out rubbing. Looks like when the ride height is decent , bump stops on the upper control arms hit the frame. Im figuring if the springs dont settle in, I might have to pull them out again and take a little off the bottom. I was also thinking maybe I should notch the top the the frame where the upper control arm makes contact and give it more room to move. I could just cover the notch with some welded plate. Anyway Im slowly working my way down that list ....BTW the truck come from out your way....

Got the front end worked out. Cant take credit , I took to Mercer Spring. Seems cool now , way better...Took it for a shake down today about 200 miles round trip, no problems...

Latest posts

Back