New to Board

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROYALRAT

Been lurking for a bit so I'd thought I would join-up. Im not new to the hobby but I always learn something new everyday so I guess thats the right attitude to have. I have a couple of cars in the stable but some.., well most of em might not be the "primered Rat Rod" look that this site seems to pride itself on. Here is my 41 chrysler yup its flatblack so I guess it fits the criteria.

IM000764.jpg

IM000767.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

Here is my 41 chrysler yup its flatblack so I guess it fits the criteria.

Rat,
Welcome to the forum! we really don't have a criteria & I really dig u're car! Love to see some more pictures! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!!

BoB

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have be dabbling with idea of throwing down some paint on her but more of a flat color of sort. Ive had her in primer for 5 years. kind of before the whole primer look took off (again...its always been apart of this hobby) Its funny I had her in flat black I wasnt even allowed into local car shows because my car was "unfinished" because it wasnt the whole washed up 80's pastel look with no gay "crybaby" dolls hanging off it. So I said screw them well within a couple of years there was half a dozen "unfinished" flat black cars all calling themselves rat rods well I guess mine fits the criteria. My wife often laughs that I was the first person to start the trend in town for a couple of years. I think it more had to do with OSR magazines though LOL. Good timing for me I guess.

IM000568a.jpg

IM000560a.jpg

IM000770.jpg

royalpain.jpg

Welcome

Welcome to the site and join in on the fun. Nice car. It would still be cool primered, painted, or bare metal! :cool: Tell me thats not a Chevy in a Mopar!

My Stude has been primered for 30 years now. I'll get around to it one of these days....months....years. ;)

Welcome aboard RoyalRat. I'm really diggin the 41. I agree with you,if ya paint it...paint it flat.

Don't see many of these around ever

Thanks Don, I guess its kind of rare from what I understand its a 1941 Chrysler Royal. I have it on a S-10 chassis and I currently have a 1966 chevy 283 in her. I have been only able to find another Royal I think its in Vancover. It could be just a Canadian model for all I know. Maybe someone may know a bit more about this model.

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/images/1941_

Welcome man! Sweet ride. I was noticing this old train in a movie I had recently watched. It had this big single head lamp and it looked like it had a chopped roof. Then I got to thinking I have never seen a car with a big single head lamp and voila here she is and it looks wicked!!

Latest posts

Back