new to ratrodding

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actionjackson

I have a '37 international 1 1/2 to cab and chassis I was going to restore into a flatbead hauler. I just accuired a '94 Isuzu NPR with a rusted out frame but a good 4 cyl intercooled turbo diesel. I think Ill rad rod the Intl and z the frame, lay out the front axle ahead of the grill and shorten the rear frame so the duals are right behind the cab. Then install the diesel and AOD transmission. The truck has Dayton wheels.......should I keep these 8x20" monsters or go with the Isuzu straight front axle and rearend? The Isuzu has 16" wheels with 235 85R16's. I'll post pictures when the snow melts here!

here are some pics[;)

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 32
Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I'm a sucker for anything from the '30's so I like your truck already. It must be that the cab gets narrower and narrower as it goes down. Keep on tinkering.

Obviously I'm excessive compulsive about collecting STUFF! haha
The '37 D30 does run and drive, even the brakes work after I had the master cylinder re-sleeved and rebuilt the wheel cylinders- top speed of about 45 with the old 214 flathead 6.
The '48 Chev Thriftmaster is my dump truck- the box is off so I can re-do the cylinder and fix the box and rear tailgate.
The '50 COE is supposed to go on a P-30 step van frame with the flatbed from the Isuzu that has a hydraulic lift gate as my shop hauler. I have a Cadillac 500 and 200 4r for it and it will be mounted under the bed behind the cab.
Mike

Latest posts

Back