New tools!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I *love* gettin' new tools & since I'm makin' a lot of relief cuts on my top chop I thought I'd get a smaller air powered hand saber saw for some tight areas especially around the dash area where a big saw just wouldn't cut it so to speak. I got this & a kool new shear from Eastwood. I'll post a picture of the shear when I get it assembled. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna fab up tables for my new work benches & will post photos when I'm done!

BoB

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
You really can't beat a good selection of tools. You will probably use these tools more than you know. I don't know how many tools I have gotten, and then wondered how I ever got along with out them.

You really can't beat a good selection of tools. You will probably use these tools more than you know. I don't know how many tools I have gotten, and then wondered how I ever got along with out them.

I know what you mean. I am a tool freak. There have been a couple I just never got into, but usually find a use for all of them, usually on the same project, scattered around on the same bench and under my feet.:D
I call it a work frenzie.:eek:

I've got one of those saws. I use it a lot on sheetmetal. You can cut nice tight curves with it. I used it to cut the window hole in this rear panel just this past weekend, and will use it to make a window garnish moulding too.

does this mean the old hacksaw is gonna get hung up on the wall:p

Attachments

• hacked.jpg
    hacked.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 18
  • hack3.jpg
    hack3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 20
We have one of those mini air saws, and we use it to death. Just used it tonight to cut a 15 inch diameter hole in the center of a fan shroud we built for Don's T. Dan freehanded it and got it a lot straighter than I could have.

Don

Attachments

• dons t fan shroud made 014.jpg
    dons t fan shroud made 014.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18
I've had one of those for a couple of years now, usually it is the tool that can get into areas that others can't. Works better than I thought it would too, mighty handy. '22

Just like Xmas!

Well it's just like Christmas for me... don't have one but always wanted one so here's my B-day present to myself... the new Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME plasma cutter. Ck how small it is!

extreme.jpg

BoB

another good use is for an easy out on butt welding panels i overlap them tack in a few spots and then use it to cut along seam. it leaves the perfect width gap for butt welds.

Latest posts

Back