New tow rig ideas, input wanted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one I really want. Pull the cab and put a regular front on it over a one ton chassis. I just have to figure out how to haul it, one front hub is missing.

Thing I like about this one is you could have more leg room which most single cabs and COEs just don't have enough of to get a good seat and some leg room.

21, I still don't have anything big enough to haul this home on. I probably could just torch the frame off right behind the cab and drag it on, still probably 7000#

Hmm ya the weight could be a issue for regular car trailer. My wedge is rated at 21k on the axles, just Lmk and I'll go get it for ya :D

Hey this truck looks like its on a 1/2 ton chevy ?? maybe find a peterbuilt body and sleeper and put it on the one ton frame :D semi.jpg or it may be an 8 lug cant tell for sure

Holy smokes!!!

AZ dave... That thing is cool but man wonder what the wheel base is....

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous alright. But cool as heck! :D

There was another one on youtube where a guy put a sliding double dually axle in the rear that locked and unlocked and slid forward to lower the flatbed. It was FWD from a Toronado and a '50s Chevy cab up front. Another equally absurd engineering marvel. :)

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous alright. But cool as heck! :D

There was another one on youtube where a guy put a sliding double dually axle in the rear that locked and unlocked and slid forward to lower the flatbed. It was FWD from a Toronado and a '50s Chevy cab up front. Another equally absurd engineering marvel. :)

Found it! "This is a 1948 Chevy Cab Over truck with a Cadillac Eldorado front wheel drive. The rear axles unlock and slide forward when I put the truck in reverse. This allows for a very low drive on angle."

http://youtu.be/28MRGe8dkx0

I found this but they are a bit crazy on the price IMO.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/4786677719.html

I wouldn't want to even think about running the original drivetrain and suspension tho.

I could have bought a nicer one than that on auction a few years ago for a couple thou. I think they had to really pound it to get 1800. I had no way to get it home or I would have.

I could have bought a nicer one than that on auction a few years ago for a couple thou. I think they had to really pound it to get 1800. I had no way to get it home or I would have.

Please let me know of these auctions lol

Too high on that 51. Little 250 doesn't even have a turbo, with that two stick, you'd be in the gears all the time.

I've always wanted to get a B Model Mack and put it on a one ton frame and make a pickup out it. Love those old round cabs.

Here ya go !!!

Saw this on Facebook and just had to post it here. Color coordinated! :)

522146_10205809759105854_6694155889313234685_n_zpsvwlwmf8r.jpg

Pert near perfect, I'd say. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back