Newb from MO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlsmoku

been lurkin for a lil bit tryin to read up and learn...thought it was time for the introduction. I found this site looking for ideas on google images for my future rat rod project that I want to do.

lil history bout me - I have a "modern" muscle car...98 camaro z28 that was my daily driver for the last 6 years. runs 11.30's @ 119 in the 1/4, loud exhaust with a spool, so i'm not a creature comfort kinda guy. ran it with skinnies up front the whole time, in blizzards, ice storms, you name it....it's part of the charm I think. well I finally decided it was time to get a beater truck, so I went out and picked up a cheap but nice looking lowered s10 truck about 6 months ago. totally does the job, but with a million other low rider s10 guys out there its not original and it's definately not my crowd. no offense, but most lowered s10 truck owners are pretty young kids.

so this has brought some thoughts to mind the last couple months....I want to build an obnoxious rat truck that I can daily drive, get 20+ mpg and park next to the nice mercades cars at my work and **** people off.

would love to find a panel truck and cut it down to make an extended cab truck, but if the right cab comes across thats a mid 30's-late 40's I'm in. will get a chop of atleast 4", but may go 6" on the front, want a 40 ford grille, and a full length bed (needs to be a full functional truck for me). here the part where i'm afraid I'll lose most interest on this board....it's going to be fuel injected :eek: sorry guys...I put a lot of miles on my vehicle and I need gas milage to be good. so I'm going with a gm 5.3 ls motor and a t56 trans. i'll run an aftermarket floor heater for winter use, and try to get it as low as I can and still have a little ride comfort.

any who - sorry for the book, i'll start a build thread as soon as I find something. thanks for the kick ass site - learning a lot already about what I want and don't want

couple pics of my current rides
11-03-07midwestshootout1.jpg

photoshoot10small.jpg

current beater - yawn
07-01-08rallywheels1.jpg

my old jeep my friends and I built from the ground up:
DSC_0140.jpg

EFI is not a dirty word around here, sounds like a great project. ( and a few of us around here know what a 60 front is).
Welcome to the site. Keep us posted when you find your truck.

Nice Camaro, S-10, and Jeep wlsmoku. Welcome to RRR. This isn't the kind of place where you'll get complaints about how you choose to power your own vehicle. A friend of mine just recently installed a f.i. ls-1 in his 69 Ford truck and set off on a cross country cruise. He loves it.

Welcome to RRR, wlsmoku. You found the one place that is layed back enough that however you want to build your rod is fine. After all, it's your ride. Have seen some nice fi powered rods, even a couple rats. Enjoy the site.

many thanks for the warm welcome fellas - glad I didn't run ya off with the EFI stuff :cool::cool::cool:

and a few of us around here know what a 60 front is

actually those are 2 1/2 ton Rockwells we used. had a 5.3l ls motor, 350 turbo, 203 and 205 transfer cases, rockwells, and the rest we made in the garage. man I miss that rig :(

mmmmm rockwells niiicceee. And here i am stuck with a TTB dana 44, lol.

Welcome to RRR. Its a great site to be a part of, great ppl and lots of great information.
Nice camaro by the way.

Latest posts

Back