Newbe from central Oklahoma

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krylonkid

Hello everyone, my names Greg, live in Oklahoma. I'm just a po boy tryin to have fun building and drivin low budget hot rods. I spent 10 yrs building a '35 Dodge PU with Model A frame that was Z'd in the rear and lengthen. Lost my job and decided to trade it and my other project (a '68 el camino) for a rat rod vw bug, not sure of that description, more of a street legal 70's dragster, reminds me of the old fiat 500 dragsters. Anyway, it's a 72 VW bug on 2x3 rectangle tube frame Z'd front and rear, 4" speedway drop tube axle with disc, 71 chevy 454, mid cam (HAHA) and an eye burning 800cfm edelbrock carb to top it off.

Thanks guys! Let see if i can get a picture of this thang to work.

316866_2132759437362_1197328124_32038621_1526593609_n.jpg

Welcome to RRR! That looks like a whole lotta fun.

I'm gonna be blunt right off - I'm not sure I like the roof. Looks 1/2 done. But like we say around here.... it isn't my ride.

Welcome to RRR! That looks like a whole lotta fun.

I'm gonna be blunt right off - I'm not sure I like the roof. Looks 1/2 done. But like we say around here.... it isn't my ride.

No problem with being blunt. I dont like it either. The guy i got it from butchered the top. He did have the since to put a single roll bar behind the seats and at the firewall.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!!! I feel more excepted here and am VERY glad to have found RRR! I posted pics of my bug and called it a rat rod on that hocky baby board and was deleted instantly even after being a member on their board for years. With a instant message that stated "We dont do rat rod and sure don't do VW's." Thanks everyone, be glad to learn and grow here.

"We dont do rat rod and sure don't do VW's."
What, :eek: they didn't even suggest you leave their board with a recommendation to come here.
How rude :D
Welcome to the best forum in the world :cool: ENJOY!!!!!!
Oh, the bug is kool and needs the B pillars put in.

"We dont do rat rod and sure don't do VW's."
What, :eek: they didn't even suggest you leave their board with a recommendation to come here.
How rude :D
Welcome to the best forum in the world :cool: ENJOY!!!!!!
Oh, the bug is kool and needs the B pillars put in.

And the rest of the roll cage. :D

Hey, welcome to the RRR.....

The Thang looks wild...not my taste but looks fun to scoot around in...nice to have ya here!!!:D

Latest posts

Back