newbe from ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

hello all.

i dont know where to start, lol. i dont have a rat yet, but im on the hunt. i figured i would get a jump on info before it all started.

im 36yrs old and have had a dream of building a rat rod. i remember back in the day seeing the old rat fink posters and what not telling myself i need to build one of them. the whole idea of a small/ slammed car, big motor, shifter threw the hood with a mad man at the wheel did something to me back in the then. well the time is getting closer and i have the bug.

there are to many choises right now for me. im a die hard chevy nut, but a model a or t are high on the list. i also have a list to big to type on here that i would like to be my build. late 20's, early 30's car/ truck or a 40-41 chevy truck. i just talked to a guy today that isnt that far from me that has a whole bone yard full of everything i might would like to build. i plan on going there this tuesday to see what he got.

i do know i have a 396 sitting in my garage that hasnt ran in 10 yrs that would love to be in a happy home of a rat rod.

i do also have another dream car i would like to build and it would be 100% a rat fink car. heres my plan for this one. early 90's metro, big block blowing out of the hood, i would have to find a way to set up a mono shock for the rear with the big tires, lol. that will come way down the road after my rat rod build.

any how, great site, hope to learn some more before my journey begins. and find that one rod that will do the deed.

Welcome , I hope your plan comes together . Any self respecting chevy man would'nt mind having a model A with a big block chevy in it , believe me ! :)

I use to have a geo metro , that would also be pretty cool with a big block ! It could'nt weigh more than 1200 lbs , soaking wet !

sweet some ohio boys.

for you ohioans, has anybody given you problems with zoomies's or no fenders? i dont know the rules for these in ohio.

Latest posts

Back