Newbie Andrew reporting for duty, Sir!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Hey everyone! I'm Happy to join RRR! I'm looking to get into Rat Rods in the near future, so I'm doing my home work... I've always loved the rat rod scene, rather than the pristine Barrett Jackson-worthy cars. I like cars you can actually DRIVE! A brief history about myself- I'm 19 years old from Tallahassee FL. I just graduated as an A & P Mechanic (aviation) from a local college here.
I'm always under the hood or cowl of something... I can't get enough! And I'm on here looking to try something new: Rat's.

My cars/projects:
I have a 07 Civic Si as my daily driver- it's completely stock for now.

My 91 CRX Si- This is my toy. It handles like a go-cart so I love doing Autocrosses with it. It's had about 5 engines in it (no catastrophic reasons, just for fun/found a good deal etc)

My 86 CJ7- looking to sell it, actually. It runs, but the carb needs rebuilt and it has a good bit of rust. This is going to help fund my Rat Rod! haha.. If anyone happens to be interested please PM me!

Edit: Thanks for the welcome, Gastrick!

Also wanted to throw in my Dad's 70 El Camino- we're in the process of restoring it. He's not a mechanic (carpenter) so I'm doing the work on it! Great practice for me on bodywork and stuff... Plus It's going to have a sprayed 454 out of a 93 SS in it. Should be a great grocery getter! (it's NOT going to be a show truck. like I said, we will DRIVE it!)
when we bought it:

mediablasted body and frame. We're replacing pretty much every bushing and component we can... it should come out nice!

Haha Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
That BackSeat Betty car is sick! I'll definitely see if I can get some "red tagged" parts and use 'em on my ride!

I'm on my way to look at a '50 chevy truck (dually, too!) this week or weekend.
I'll be sure to take pictures! Rusty, Chop top, Z-frame, airbags, exposed welds and rivets... ahhh. This is gonna be FUN! This is a totally different style than I'm used to.

I love it!!

Andrew, it's by no means the "Backseat Betty", but my coupe has some aircraft touches incorporated into it and it will have a few more before it's finished. I thought you might be interested in seeing it.

Welcome to RRR.

Aircraft parts on cars always look good. Lots of car part originally were developed from aircraft or military applications.

Hey Gastrick ,that safety wiring looks cool. When I rebuilt my 50 Stude's original engine it was all safety wired inside from the factory!

Very cool lookin ride, Gastrick!
Do you have a thread where I can see more of it?

BTW guys, I'm looking around at good places to find fabrication materials and hardware. Where does the majority of guys get they're metal from? (i.e. frame tubing, sheetmetal, etc)

Thanks again!

Welcome to "here" ...

Welcome to the site, Andrew. Lots of things to see and learn from.
That Gastrick guy is a little shy, he didn't mention the 392 HEMI he is building for the coupe.. :rolleyes:.
Enjoy your time here.. '22

Latest posts

Back