Newbie from Belgium..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny F.

Hello, my name is Danny Franssen, I'm a regular on the JockeyJournal , private custom bike builder..an "out of control hobby builder" as I would rather call it..

I was involved more with Hot Rods in the past, but the bikes kinda took over more & more eventually.. Here's some pics from the trike I did in 1996, still have it as a bar hopper..:rolleyes: ...The mix from bike & car parts tells the whole story probably..:D (not a Rat Rod though..)

My interests for Rat Rods got woken up again since my last 2-3 trips to the States..

So I will page my way trough all of this and see what's on the streets nowadays..!

hd11-1.jpg

hd12-1.jpg

Numriser0072-1.jpg

Welcome!!!

Danny,
welcome to the forum. Nice trike... what kinda rear end is that? Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Thanks Bob, the differential is made by a buddy of mine in Sweden..I made the look-a-like Halibrand billet housings over it..

000005-1.jpg

000002-1.jpg

Welcome to RRR, Danny. That is one awsome trike. You have some mad skills !!! Can't wait to see what you do with a rod.

Thanks everybody for the welcome ! The trike was something I did just purely for myself.. .I never liked trikes that much..to my oppinion most of them were to wide, the rear section was to long..and the seating position was way up there so it would give you a nose bleed.. And that's actually the reason I did that one... It all starts with some sketches on beer napkins ..ha !

For the same reason I did this 1999 Softail Fat Boy with the Indian style fenders..(pics here below).. Some companys made/sold these repop fenders to use on Softails.., but to my oppinion, once they were bolted to a stock bike...the result was really not my idea of sleek & smoothness .. ;)
Therefore I gave it another twist and got it to the ground, raked it and strutted it..(the softail shocks are now replaced by solid struts)
I sold it to a buddy of mine and he cruised about 25.000 miles with this bike all over Europe...

indian0040tr.jpg

indian0076od-1.jpg

indian0113pv.jpg

Last edited:
Gracias ! I'm thinking of buying a '28-'32 sedan as a base for a Rod.. Panel-Delivery also an option.. I got some buys/offers pending at this moment...

Here's a '89 Softail Heritage..well, it "was"..:D

BobbersbyDanny-64.jpg

BobbersbyDanny120.jpg

beebob0190xj.png

Latest posts

Back