newbie from iowa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokhound

just found this site way cool place. I have been into 4x4 and offroad toys for the last couple of years and now i want a street toy. So last year i bought my first pile of Iowa rust a 63 impala. Well that's not a 100% true about 3 years ago my wife bought me a 47 cj2a for fathers day yeah she is the best. The 63 runs out great with really no floor boards or rear body mounts but hey i like it. So thats that.

back to my 47 i am hoping to turn it in to something like a j-bucket something like jp magazine did a few years back but cleaner. Been collecting parts for the last 3 years was going to go huge 1 tons and 37's or 40's would of been way cool then seen the one in jp and had to have my own. So i sold off all the 4x4 parts and started over. So now i have most of my parts here is what i am hoping for.
*4.0 out of a 91 Comanche
*2wd 5 speed out of something like a 89 Comanche
*46 ford sedan straight axle with split bones(still looking for a pair i think i have a set located) suicide set up of course
*ford 9" out back
well here some pics of the 47
on the way home
photo023Small.jpg

mock up kinda using a 4x4 front end didnt like the look thats when i went to the straight axle
Picture024Small.jpg

and 1 pic of the 63 impala
091011800x571.jpg

well thats me for the for the most part if it has wheels i am into it.

yeah i love the no post thats the real reason i didnt pull the 327 out of it to put it down in the 46 as we all no that 327 with a 2 speed power glide in a 1500 rat rod would be a blast but i just couldn't bring my self to knock it in the head. that and i have been told a real hot rod has 3 pedals lol.

Latest posts

Back