Newbie from PA...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtRacer2c

Hello, just joined up after catching the link on a myspace bulletin. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and I'm currently working on building a fairly tradional styled 1953 Ford F-100. I've only really been into the hot rodding end of things for the last few years, however I've always been into cars. I spent the past 8 years dirt track racing and my father was a drag racer from way back when. I'm a regular "lurker" on the HAMB as well. I look forward to taking in more useful information from this forum as well. Thanks!

Welcome to RRR.com. You will find out that we don't do business like them at the HAM. Feel free to ask any question you want. You won't get flamed out over here.
We are glad to have new members here. If you have a project, feel free to post some pics.(It don't HAVE to be a rat either)

Come on in...
Rest a while...
Get to know everybody...
Most of all, we are here to have fun, share ideas and information as well....

Welcome to the forum.You will be more comfortable here.Post all your build pics and dont be afraid to ask questions.There are very many experienced builders here and they are all more than willing to help out a fellow rodder.

Enjoy yourself

Thanks gang! I will admit, ya kinda get the feeling you shouldnt post anything unless you know what your talking about on the HAMB, it'll be nice to have a more relaxed atmosphere. Not knocking the HAMB, just the feeling I get.

The pic is of my '53 at the beginning of the month, got some rust repair work to do on the front fenders and hood. I traded the original fibreglass flip front end and running boards for real steel. When I can put the money together, I have a 351CJ to rebuild for it and a mazda 5spd going to a 9in Ford in the rear.

Attachments

• 53 on 5-1-07 - smaller.jpg
    53 on 5-1-07 - smaller.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 6
Hi welcome DirtRacer2c. Nothing like having a face full of mudd on a Saturday night :D I raced on dirt several race back wow if i just had the money i spent on racing :eek:

Wizeguy,

To answer your question, just a pretty traditional type of truck. I didnt wanna go the IFS route, so she has the stock drop front axle. But I did upgrade to disc brakes for better stopping power up front. Stock bench seat. As of right now, the truck will be flat black, with the hood, fenders and running boards being a brighter (flat) red color. I've dropped the rear 2-1/2" from stock ride height and shes still up alittle higher than I would like. I'm not looking for a "tail dragger" though. As for the shoes n skins, I plan on just matching red steel wheels with chrome spiders and wide whites. Probably 14's in the front and 15's in the rear.

I really dislike the stock grille, so I'm currently trying to come up with a better look for the front grille. I've seen a few different looks, but havent settled on anything. I also did catch the one post about it on here, where the owner has a '52 with the same dilema. Please, feel free to offer your ideas and opinions.

Hi welcome DirtRacer2c. Nothing like having a face full of mudd on a Saturday night :D I raced on dirt several race back wow if i just had the money i spent on racing :eek:

I know exactly what you mean, I recently had to sell my operation (super late model) because I just couldnt afford it anymore. Had a young cat come all the way to Pittsburgh, PA. from Jacksonville, FLA. to purchase my stuff. He obviously has a lot more money than I do. lol

I made the trip to the Jalopy Showdown on Saturday for the first time. I loved it, seeing some excellent hot rods slingin' mud was a lot fun!

Thanks! As much as I love building 'er and cant wait get 'er out on the road, the real fun is spending the time in the shop with my father.

Welcome, and this is what it's all about. I love the weekends when all of my buddies come over just to hang out, drink beer and wrench on cars. Those are the good times, no matter what vehicle you're working on.:D

Very true, now if I lived in an area where people actually loved working on old cars and trucks then maybe I'd have a whole group full of crazy beer drinkin' SOB's! lol

Haha Gastrick, I know what ya mean. Tchurch and I can get to each other at times, but we're usually right back working along side one another 10mins later.

Hey Church, I see you finally made on over! Welcome, I've really enjoyed my time here in the last few days, appears to be a lot of good people here.

Latest posts

Back