Newbie from the Bluegrass State

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trucked Up

Hello to all. Found this site and have spent many hours just getting the feel of whats going on. I can say that I like the atmosphere of this place.

I live in Pikeville Kentucky and grew up in a enviroment that had my father running a service station and my mother running the adjoing restaurant. We actually lived over the business and after hours my father built drag engines and chassis for many people.

I caught the Rod bug probably before I was out of diapers.

In my aldult life I have gravatated towards AD Chevy Trucks, Panels and 'Burbs, around 12 when counting. I have run the gamit with the group from pain in the butt finished to rats to projects. I also have managed to squeeze in a '67 Chevy shortbed, '64 Rambler Wagon both baged and slamed as well a '57 Chevy/Grunmam short Curbside.

Seems that I can't seem pass up on a AD project and I have three going at the moment. Also I get started on one then find another that sparks my intrest and then dive into it and then another...............Yea you know exactly what I am talking about.

Now Mrs. Trucked Up along with the econmy has just about put a halt on saving any more AD orphans, at least the ones she knows about.

So I will take my coat and hat off for a while if you folks will allow me....:D:

Welcome to the site. There are alot of AD trucks here, and some pretty fine ones at that. How 'bout posting up some pictures of your projects?

Projects

I'll give it a shot. I'm much more adept at using tools than I am a keyboard.

Luckily I follow another board that is set up just like this one so I may just be able to pull it off.....:D

Attachments

• 000_1259_00.jpg
    000_1259_00.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0058.jpg
    100_0058.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Indy Blackie 2.jpg
    Indy Blackie 2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0348.jpg
    100_0348.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2006 Columbus.jpg
    2006 Columbus.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 24
More

A few more.

Attachments

• 012_00.jpg
    012_00.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
  • '54 Oklahoma Purchase.jpg
    '54 Oklahoma Purchase.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Frog Follies 3.jpg
    Frog Follies 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_0943.jpg
    100_0943.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 17
Seems like i should have met you somewhere along the lines around here?
Welcome to the sight,theres some great people on here!
I have a couple ad trucs also ,and a pile of parts on the hill.
looks like you have got some nice projects going on!
Mabie i will get to meet you at the pikeville cruise in this year if they keep it going on?
I live over here in whitesburg ky,i work in pikeville a lotethough ,lotes of nice rides over there!

Welcome!!!

Trucked,
Welcome to the gang... nice trucks dude!!! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D:D:D

BoB

kentucky native also....

Welcome to the site. I'm from rockcastle co. ky. home of the Renfro Valley barn dance haha
Very nice ad's you got there I have 2 of them myself, a 50 and 51 5-windows, I need to work them but right now working on my 31 ford sedan.

Anyways welcome to the site!!!!!!!

Welcome to RRR from E-Town, Truckedup. Got a soft spot for the AD's meself. My first truck was a 54 & my wife has a 47 5 window.

Welcome to the site. I'm from rockcastle co. ky. home of the Renfro Valley barn dance haha
Very nice ad's you got there I have 2 of them myself, a 50 and 51 5-windows, I need to work them but right now working on my 31 ford sedan.

Anyways welcome to the site!!!!!!!

I'm a KY native too!! I'm from Berea originally. I was born there and still go back from time to time to see family.

Funny you mentioned Renfro Valley 28Ford. Check your private messages. [cl

Oh almost forgot to say - welcome to RRR!! Ya'll come back now ya hear?? :D

Thunder

Latest posts

Back