newbie here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reesefan1

My name is Shane,from Longview Texas, currenly working on a 65 Ford F100 short bed, looking to add a crown vic front clip and rearend to it along with replacing the 300 6 in it. Anyone done any of this?

Welcome, sounds like stuff Gas Monkey did on a couple of their truck builds, one was a ford which made sense, the other was a dodge, and didn't make any sense...

Hi reese and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You may not need to change the rear-end, that'll be a Ford nine inch and the right width, maybe too slow though. Gearing is kind of important. Maybe there's an overdrive in the car you got the front clip from. That would speed you up on the highway.
Keep on tinkering. Oh ya, got any pictures.

Crown vic clip is passically a bolt on. Line it up where you want and drill some holes. That's assuming the frame width works with it.

I put one on my 49 fargo, and had to ad some channel to the frame at the front so it would be wide enough.

I think it's almost bang on the right width for your truck though.

Latest posts

Back