Newbie here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impalalover60

Hello all I was using google and stumbled up on this page. I'm in the army and when I was a teenager my dad purchased a 47 Ford Coupe. We worked on the car during the late 80's adding a 75 camaro subframe, engine and rearend. Since I love Monte Carlo's we put an 80's model interior in it to include the dash. It has 77 Monte Carlo headlights. Fast forward to 2008 I told my dad I was looking for a 30's coupe and he told me I could have the 47. It was sitting in our building since 2000 or so. I went back home and did a minor tune up and she fired right up. Im glad I found this site because Im gonna freshen it up a little and drive the snot out of it. I'm 33 and while in the army I have tinkered with cars mostly Monte Carlo's but my prized possessions are an 85 Monte Carlo SS and a 80 EL Camino I built for my wife. The 47 is going to be a rat but something dependable I can cruise and not have to worry about getting scratched up. I hope with my mods my car will still be considered a "rat"

Welcome to RRR, impalalover. Now that you mentioned those rides, you must post pics of said rides. Sorry but you must, it is a rule. :D
Have 2 sons there in Killeen. Well, one & one that'll be back to Hood from Iraq in about a fortnight. Spent my share of time there too back in my early days with our common Uncle.

Latest posts

Back