Newbie needs help!whats the best front axle option for my 36 2dr sedan ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDBRUSH RODDER

i AM BUILDING MY FIRST RAT ROD.A 36 2DR SEDAN AND IN NEED OF A FRONT AXLE?
i HAVE THE ORIGINAL FRAME WHICH IS GOOD, SOLID, AND STRAIGHT TO WORK WITH AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO MODIFY OR GO TUBE FRAME.i WANT THE CAR AS LOW AS POSSIBLE WHEN DONE . i WILL BE RUNNING A V-8

i HAVE A COMPLETE STOCK STRAIGHT AXLE AVAIL. ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT OR IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER? SPINDLES TO SMALL? NO PARTS AVAIL?SOME SAY ITS BETTER TO PUCHASE NEW THAN TO REWORK OLD?
ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APRRECIATED. DALE

If it were me, I would modify the the stock chassis unless you want the car to be very low, then I would build my own chassis. The 36 axle is fine to use no matter what chassis you go with although you may want to have it dropped for lowering purposes. May I suggest that you switch to a later 37-48 or aftermarket spindle though. Not because of any strength issue but the later spindles are easier to adapt juice brakes to. Also, the 36 spindle is a "one year only" deal with a different spindle pin length that requires bearing spacers to adapt to any other year hubs although it can be done.

Latest posts

Back