Next phase need lots of advice

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rule of five

My rule of 5 is - change one thing and it effects 5 other things - some of which you dont see till its biting you in the ass real hard.Looking cool is the most important factor when altering a vehicle.However looking cool doesnt always translate to comfort.Now comfort is usually tied to the age and size of the cars owner.Young guys can sit on the floor and see out their radically chopped windshields. Older guys like me have to have a much higher seat so that when we arrive at our destination we can get out of the truck and walk.The greater the driving distance the more important this becomes. The bottom of my bomber seats are 6" off the floor and the cushion when compressed by my fat ass is about 10" off the floor. Sat i had a buddy with me and on the way home i asked him how he was doing.Now he is 6 ft 250+ and he said he had enough room but he could NOT see straight out the windshield , his line of sight hit the frame above the glass. It was kind of tedious having to scrunch his neck and kind of bend foreward to see out the glass. I have shrunk to 5'10" so I can just barely see out under the frame. At a traffic light I have to bend over to see the light,I know that sounds like a so what and petty but believe me it does get old. Gonna try one of those prisim things when i find one. What I'm saying is take your time have your seats in place and take it(the top) down in increments making sure you will not be uncomfortable while using you truck.LFE

Forgot my pics. I went straight down 3" and am not sorry I stopped there . First pic shows my seat mock up , in # 2 yes Bonehead I can say RPU , #3 shows "A" post laid back , needed a relief cut in cab top #'s 4 & 5 show finished product. The post lay back is really not radical and it was easier especially the door part. This was my first chop and with limited skills we kept it simple as possibleLFE

Attachments

• DSCN1590.JPG
    DSCN1590.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN1607.JPG
    DSCN1607.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN1636.JPG
    DSCN1636.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN1643.JPG
    DSCN1643.JPG