no job

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils reject

got let go from work yesterday "services no longer needed" [S 5 plus years there and bam your out? anyway im lookin for work ..got bills to pay!! if anyone has ant leads here in az i would be highly greatfull:confused: i have 15 plus years in the parts industry!!!!! willing to move!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
sorry to hear of the lay-off......but CR is right...this may be an opportunity for something better, disguised as a problem....hope it all works out..

So sorry to hear that, but you are one of so many these days. Happened to me about 3 years ago, and I just got back to work a little over one year ago.

If I can offer some advice, sign up and take your unemployment assistance. There is no shame in it, you worked and paid into it, it is yours for times like this. I did, and it was enough to keep my head above water. It gives you 6 months to find something else, and I think Obama just signed it for 20 more weeks on top of that. You will at least have food and maybe be able to pay the rent.

Second bit of advice, this may give you the chance to do something you have been wanting to do for a long time.........maybe change careers, maybe go to some sort of school to better yourself. Sit down and think what you really want to do for the rest of your life. Network. Contact people you know and let them know you are available. Someone is looking for a good employee, you just have to hook up with that person.

Final bit of advice, keep your head up. You did nothing wrong to deserve this, and you are the same guy you were before you got let go. We have all been where you are now, and all it takes is for one job interview to turn into a "welcome aboard" to make things right again.

Good luck and keep us posted on what is happening, we do care.

Don

While I don't know of any jobs for you in AZ I can definitely relate since I too was laid off about a month ago. Been laid off 5 times in the past 6 years, the area I live in never really recovered from the first crash of 2001.

That's terrible to hear; I'm very sorry. It doesn't help that AZ has one of the most mediocre economies in the country.

Are you trying to stay in the parts business? What other skills, experiences and education do you have? I'll ask around to see if anybody is hiring.

I don't know what NAPAs doing right now, but they are diversified enough, it seems they are keeping their head above water. If you need to know, they also have good retirement and decent benefits. Hope this helps in some way.

good luck,
railroad

Same thing happened to me right after I got back from the Woodward cruise in August. :mad: And I still got 5 more payments to make on my '05 Mustang... Oh well, I knew it was comin'.. They held me on as long as possible. So now, I'm collecting uninployment.. I'm going to check on a job opening tomorrow morning and see what they got to offer. Hang tuff there big guy.... You'll find something!! :)

I was on unemployment from June through September this year. Don't panic! Rather than sell everything, eliminate non-essentials, like Cable TV (dish, whatever), internet (go to the library or a friends place for RRR & job searches), buy the less expensive stuff at the grocery store, look into food assistance, etc.

Sometimes applying for jobs that you're not really interested in can get you in the door for a better opportunity. I applied for a welding job at a larger mfg company, but the owner got a hold of my resume and hired me on the spot as a design engineer that they weren't even advertising for! In the meantime, keep your eyes open for smaller cash jobs...they can make a huge difference.

thanks for the support everyone. iv been handin out resumes left and right,
nothin yet but im working on it.

I can feel your pain D.R.! I'm practically in the bread line myself. Been there since April. Nothing to do here either. I'm SO SICK of everybody telling me to just do anything you can to make ends meet! Problem is......There's nothing out there to do!!!!!! I've been looking for months without a single lead. I'm 46 years old with 6 years of college and 30 + years of solid work experience to boot with two kids to support.

I can't even get a job bagging groceries here in Nashville. All the teenagers already beat me to it. I'm glad I have it but unemployment sucks!!!!!! I say bring back the WPA and put some people back to work - MR SMOOTH TALKING OBAMA!!!

T1

Latest posts

Back