No other like it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a set of crusty AA headlight buckets. They're 8 1/2" across the original lips but as they are tapered, you could pick a spot to make a new lip for your 7 1/2" lenses...I'll donate if you pay shipping.

Update on nothing.

I haven't really done anything much lately. I stood and stared at stuff for about an hour on Sunday. I'm trying to figure out just how to mount the headlights to the frame. I messed with the rear shocks a little, and removed the old throttle cable from the dash. I also ordered some electrical wire.
The only progress worth looking at is the new headlight lenses that came in the mail. --

All the details and revisions seem to take more time than the major building steps. Very nice lenses. I know where there's a bunch of them. I should get them just for the art/design they posess.

I made a little progress. I ordered a bunch of stuff in the last month. I got some shocks from Speedway, Buss fuse panels from eBay, 500 feet of wire, a flex-a-lite fan controller from eBay, and a small haul from the nearest junk yard.
I ran across another mail jeep, and the headlight holders were exactly what I needed. They were $10 each, I grabbed some halogen H4 bulbs out of a land rover, a water pump pulley just because it was there, a big handful of fuses, and 31 various relays. Volvos have Hella brand relays, I found a Bosch in a Toyota, but it only had one. The Nissans had a bunch of relays, so I mostly got those. They're SPST, SPDT, DPST, and DPDT. Then I grabbed a wiper switch for my car for $16, and found out it was the wrong one.
Total without the wiper switch: $32.

Those brackets on the headlights are 9 inches across. The buckets they're going in are 10". It should be a piece of cake.

I like fabbing lights. Be interesting to see how you put these together based on what you did with everything else! [cl Cars Kulture and Chaos is the 24th. Feb 7 is the Lowlife show at 4 Peaks Brewery. Feb 21 is the Bomb Squad BBQ at Papago Park.

Last edited:
I like fabbing lights. Be interesting to see how you put these together based on what you did with everything else! [cl Cars Kulture and Chaos is the 14th. Feb 7 is the Lowlife show at 4 Peaks Brewery. Feb 21 is the Bomb Squad BBQ at Papago Park.
Cars Kulture & Chaos is the 24th. ;) http://www.carskulturechaos.com/
School starts on the 19th. :rolleyes:
I need to get some things done this weekend.

Latest posts

Back