No other like it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone. I have to say, the headlights look better in person. You can see the detail of the lenses, and the welds better. Here's a pic I took from the side, when I was working in the rain.

Maybe I'll get some better pics tomorrow.
I've managed to get a few of the nagging things taken care of, like the vent tube.

I had to get crafty for this.

I also made some new mirror arms out of some 1", 4130 chromoly tubing that I had laying around for the last year and a half. I watched the guy at the store throw a stick of it on the remnant pile, so I knew I had to buy it. I knew it would come in handy. Those so-called "military" mirror arms that I wasted money on, were just to flimsy and floppy. Anybody wanna buy 'em? :D

Whoooo Hoooo!!!! [cl[cl[cl[cl

Way to blow away the competition! (which actually looks kinda' kool, too)

I know we don't do this for the gold, but for the fun. But getting the gold is fun, too. :D

Two trophies for your initial public offering is GREAT! Even Amazing!

From your first post, "I've been sorta hiding this project from the public. It saves me from doing a lot of explaining. Now I'm gonna put it on here in front of 11,000 some members of this forum, and see what happens."

Now you know!
:D

Of course Dan....did you have doubts. :D:D

Let's see - one car that had made two trips around the block and blew it's lid both times. One driver that won't go on the "highway" and wants to take dirt roads across a middle-of-nowhere Native American Reservation.

Yeah, I did have some doubts.

Let's see - one car that had made two trips around the block and blew it's lid both times. One driver that won't go on the "highway" and wants to take dirt roads across a middle-of-nowhere Native American Reservation.

Sounds like he wanted to scout for his next project. :D

OH YEE OF LITTLE FAITH

Congrats. It has that Killer look!!!

Thank you, everybody.
It was a good day. I got a lot of compliments, and heard a lot of comments. Nobody said anything bad about it, which kinda surprised me.
I still have some work to do on it, so maybe the next show I go to will have a good outcome too.

270 miles
I just filled up. This is the first tank of gas that's been just for driving, instead of sitting in my driveway and running. The mileage is awful. 9 mpg
Gotta do some tuning.

Latest posts

Back