No sour grapes..... buttttt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Show

Keyword was SHOW, anytime I see that word and bikes on the same flyer in the trash file it goes, Dang CORVETTES, MUSTANGS,CHARGERS, if the flyer doesn"t state types and years of vehicles allowed,its normally one of the Club deals and if you aren"t in you are an outsider and treated as one.:cool:

....... as Mr Ego stands at attention all day making sure no one touches his Shinny heck no one even looks at it as they walk by it sure is funny
Don't let get to you have fun with it

And then there's the asshats who erect a cute little rope fence around their car to keep people totally away....... [S

It's been like that since shows started,first it was the rebellious punks they called hot rodders and now it's Rats.
No point in blaming the guys that buy their cars,they help keep the hobby going.
Just enjoy the attention you get and imagine what car you'd have if you won the lottery.:D

A couple of points here......lol for the last 25yrs or so the pro street crowd has been treated like this by the "show rod" crowd......glad to see I am not alone anymore and will fit in just as well with the 39 [cl.

Second thing is while I am no spring chicken, the older rod crowd that have been running the shows/cruises forever are and have been cutting their own throats. JDDJ who is also a new member on here, has been DJ'ing alot of our local shows for them for along time (at least 15 yrs) and something we noticed a while ago is those guys are stuck in a loop....these guys are not getting any younger and frankly their numbers are dwindling but they refuse to accept that the younger crowd needs to be nurtured and mentored or "hotrodding" will die. Some of the specifics are not playing the same dang 50's music at all the events but play a range to include everybody's enjoyment plus make everybody feel welcome because its all the same in the end...... hotrod, ratrods, muscle cars, pro street and yes even tuners. I feel bad for alot of the younger guys because they are not getting the knowledge that us older guys gleened from hanging out in the parking lot and bench racing when we were that age and there is certainly almost no interacton at the shows/cruises.

A couple of points here......lol for the last 25yrs or so the pro street crowd has been treated like this by the "show rod" crowd......glad to see I am not alone anymore and will fit in just as well with the 39 [cl.

Second thing is while I am no spring chicken, the older rod crowd that have been running the shows/cruises forever are and have been cutting their own throats. JDDJ who is also a new member on here, has been DJ'ing alot of our local shows for them for along time (at least 15 yrs) and something we noticed a while ago is those guys are stuck in a loop....these guys are not getting any younger and frankly their numbers are dwindling but they refuse to accept that the younger crowd needs to be nurtured and mentored or "hotrodding" will die. Some of the specifics are not playing the same dang 50's music at all the events but play a range to include everybody's enjoyment plus make everybody feel welcome because its all the same in the end...... hotrod, ratrods, muscle cars, pro street and yes even tuners. I feel bad for alot of the younger guys because they are not getting the knowledge that us older guys gleened from hanging out in the parking lot and bench racing when we were that age and there is certainly almost no interacton at the shows/cruises.

yeah man i like old and new skool rockabilly old country,, some Rev horton heat psyco billys willie waylon , jamie johnson, there alot of music out there people didnt all listen to the same music even in the 50.s, shoot i even like big band , theres alot stuff that could be improved, i quit goin to most the local shows the same ole same ole!!! road trophies are cool enuff for me! to much drama with most club shows!!!
i love threads like theses,, so much sharing, i feel so close to you guys!![ddev:D[cl

The check writer, nose in the air kind of guys typically have no imagination in the building of their car and their elitist attitudes are really a reflection of their insecurity. Those type of hombres are found everywhere you go, so don't let it get you down. Getting a trophy from them is no affirmation, you really shouldn't expect their approval, as you probably will never get it. Your joy comes from within in the building process and tooling around in specimen that is really unique.

Latest posts

Back