No turning back now.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryH

Decided it was time to freshen things up. Frame will be gloss black, body will be flat black, interior will be blue to match the seats (third row seats from an early 90's Pontiac Trans Sport van) and i haven't decided on the rims (currently running 5x5 and 15x12 Centerlines).

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 32
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
It's surprising how fast you can take a T-Bucket apart. It looks nice now, it should be a real winner when you get done with the facelift.

Maybe you could do a dark blue (almost black), flame job. One of those deals where you don't even see it in the wrong light. I just like flames.

I look at those pics, and there is no way I'd have the guts to tear that car back apart! I'd be too afraid something might happen. This coming from a guy whose planning a chop top on a blue whale. :rolleyes:

Any other little changes or fixes in your mind?

It's cool to have a car long enough that it needs a redo. Don just did the same thing and freshened it up his and it looks great! Can't wait to see how yours comes out too!

Beercan

Any other little changes or fixes in your mind?

I'm changing the position of the break pedal, replacing the gas pedal assembly, replacing the chromed headlights with painted ones and painting the aluminum headlight stands. I haven't decided if i'm going to reuse the chrome firewall or paint it. the gauges will be VDO Cockpit's. I haven't decided if i'm going back with a wood dash or buy a fiberglass dash.

I'll replace the spun aluminum fuel tank with a fuel cell. I really wanted a pickup bed, not one of those dinky little so called beds, something about 30" long. I found a 30 incher from Old Dog Street Rods that i thought would fill the bill. I gave 'em a call and the bed is $345. Kind of pricey but the real kicker is shipping. I thought $350 freight from Missouri to Kalifornya was just a tad much. So i think i'll just build a small flat bed.

I assume you mean their Royale gauges - those are very classy looking. I vote for wood dash. I'm a freak for wood grain though. If you don't want the grain, I guess glass is good.
350$ for shipping is insane! Was that to a freight dock?

Latest posts

Back