norcal newbie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs

Hey Everyone. My name is Anthony. I`ve been into hot rods for 25 years. Mostly chevelles and other GM muscle cars but I`ve had a couple 50`s cars and trucks and pretty soon with be picking up a 46 chevy truck that I`m planning to turn into a chopped hot rod. I`m new to the whole rat rod thing but I`ve loved the look for years. Going to be a slow process getting it going with raising a family and all but I`ve got enough fab skills to get most if not all of it done myself. I know I`ll be asking alot of questions as I`ve never chopped the top on anything but I`m not scared to try it.

Welcome from Alabama . Hey I never chopped a top either , but My son and I chopped our first on a 50 ford truck and it turned out pretty nice !!!! If we done (a hole bunch of grinding) we could put some filler on it and it would cover nicely , But we are going for the rat look so ...... were leaving the ruff look alone for now . Its rusting in the corner right this minute, ( I mean resting ) :D

Welcome from RI. there are a lot of guys here that have chopped tops that will give their advise. there are many methods and also things to remember like bracing and door fitment. I found out it is best to figure out seating position and leg room first, then mask off or use cardboard across the top of the windows so you can check out the view. also when doing the rear window you don't have to chop it as much as the rest of the roof. it depends on the look you want and how you want to see out of it. good luck.

Welcome from Santa Rosa! Lotsa good info on this site, you'll like it! Great swap at the Arco Arena coming up in April but you probably already know that. Welcome!

Latest posts

Back