North Dakota New Guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikeskavenger

Hey everyone I am from North Dakota. I am down with the rat and Im not talkin bout no hair band. Old Iron Rescuing and rebuilding have become a life style for me when I moved back to ND from Alaska 4yrs ago. Cruising down the prarrie I started to see wilted and forgotten memmories of times past left to lie and rot in the pastures and the tree rows of the great planes. I kept driving past Ol Harry my 64 c10. He lied dying wounded forgotten like an animal put out to pasture left for certain death. I figured out who owned Harry and drummed up a deal and purchased him for 250.00. The 64 c10 was my first project to cut my teeth on. He currently has a 400 sbc punched 60 over with some goodies in it a turbo 350 behind it. Harry was hit by a snow plow late in life and left his sheet metal rather destroyed. I have pulled out the metal and pounded on it. I am in the process of preping for paint. Going with two tone disfunction of yep another flat back and burlap brown to match the bed cover that I have fabbed up out of a chain link fence and burlap. I cleaned out the 35 dead mice and ripped up all of the nasty nests. For the interior I put on 2 seat covers to keep the bench sanitary. I ground down all of the rust and found all the nice holes in the cab corners and floor panels. I plan on fixing the holes up and then using the tech to put the sound proofing in the cab.

Pictures are on the horizon

I do have some pictures that I will be posting. I will be starting a build thread even though some of the work has been completed. This weekend I took off the rear bumper and started to prep the rig for paint. I have just the basic pictures so far of the completed engine and some really nice fred flinstone floor modes that the great mother nature helped install.

I have a knack for writing not picture taking

As I am sure that everyone will notice the high quality pics of Ol' Harry. Then you will also understand that I am terrible at taking pictures. I did throw in a picture of my 77 VW bus. I know not ratty but its a good laugh. The metal prep will continue this weekend. Sanding Harry down or actually just rough up the paint for primer. I will be cutting out the fender crud. I will be working up to the build thread. Computer time is a waste of time when the neighbors are up and I can pound away on dents and let the da buzz.

Attachments

• burninbus.jpg
    burninbus.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 7
  • low'ncrusty.jpg
    low'ncrusty.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back