not a hot chick from sweden

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2muchtorque

Hello everyone, I am doing a complete build of a 28 Tudor C-Dan, fenderless and hoodless, but not axeing the top, at least not yet, and will be freshening up a 55 Super Red-Ram Hemi, which will be mated to a T-5, and finally a 10 bolt Chebby rear with a Powertrax locker. I think everyone knows what a Ford 9 looks like by now. The frame I built with a 5 1/2" Z in rear and a 1 1/2" in front, you will have to see pics and then I will explain why the 1 1/2" up front, wanted some real strength to hold the weight of the baby hemi. I drive my riggs on the interstate and they do see track time too. Gotta be strong-take no prisoners! 2/3 rat, 1/3 traditional, and hopefully at least 15/16 cool. Cant please everyone. Takes me time to get up pics and get back with people, [thanks to being really frigged up by a drunk driver], but those who know me will tell you my glass is almost always half full, and I am always willing to share with anyone who doesn't try to ream me. Over 20 years of building Mountain Motors, believe me, I have stuff to share, thanks for playing along at home, Torque.

Last edited:
Welcome Torque...looking forward to the stories about 20 years as a gearhead. And the rod sounds really kool. Lookin forward to those pictures too cuz ya know we like pictures:)

Welcome to RRR, torque. The friendliest rod site on the net. Your cdan sound like a neat project. Looking forward to seeing pics of it.

Thanks guyz!

I know you all dig pics, and yes working on them. You can look on Millerwelds, check out the discussion forum, bout page 5 and look for a thread, " disabiled trade thunderbolt AC/DC for welding". Shop definatley not that messy, had a lot of guyz helpin out that day- 2 welders going, I couldnt walk very well that day, and didnt care bout the mess. Cool thread check it out. Really appreciate the welcome. This does seem like a friendly site, thats why I chose to join, not bashing the others, but give me a break some times, its either the old geiser hard-core bash everything that isnt thiers, or the interbred no nothing young bucks looking for nothing but a fist fight. Tried to save this one young cat from killing himself or someone else, and I end up the bad guy. Believe me I didnt disrespect him or his rig, just tried to help. Uh lets see, championships in NHRA, IHRA, ARCA, APBA, even Harley stuff, I was just POLITELY trying to help the guy, and I end up being the douche, cause he didnt wanna hear it. You guyz know the deal, "I have a friend who's brothers, uncle's cousin did it that way, and he aint got hurt yet". I dont suscribe thier anymore, ya think. Torque, and I dig friendly, thanks VERY MUCH for the welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR good luck on your build and we need pictures!

Yup, I know exactly what you're talking about the attitudes prevalant in some of the other forums. We're all pretty laid back here and welcome the advice of other.

RIDE-ON!!

Rat-Rods-Rule, AMEN, spreading Gospel the friendly and laid back way, very KOOL KONCEPT!!!!, {IMHO}.

Thankx Bone

Bitchin web site you have brother, can I say bitchin? Wont be long before I wont be able to take the 90% humidities of the Sunshine State anymore, howz the DMV and motor vehicle laws in Colorodo? Pretty laid back here in Florida, no emission testing, and the cops are the best, unless of course your looking for trouble. Ive been pulled over more than once, just to hear how awesome my ride was, totally cool law enforcement in Fla.

South Florida-brings back awesome memories!!

Gastrick, if your ever up our way, send a PM, I'll shoot you my number, couple of cool car shows here in Seabass, Vero Bch, and Melbourne each year. A1A is much diffrent up here to cruise, even a few spots that are 55 M.P.H., can you believe 55 on A1A, crazy man. Actually lived in Pomp and Lauderdale by the Sea for many years, totally love and miss the area. Gonna start researching some Doctors down your way this week, I "discharged" all of the saw bones I have been seeing around here, like bringing a Ferrari to a quick lube joint for a service with these quacks. My sincere apologies to the duck community. No ducks were harmed in the writing of this thread. Torque.

Bitchin web site you have brother, can I say bitchin? Wont be long before I wont be able to take the 90% humidities of the Sunshine State anymore, howz the DMV and motor vehicle laws in Colorodo? Pretty laid back here in Florida, no emission testing, and the cops are the best, unless of course your looking for trouble. Ive been pulled over more than once, just to hear how awesome my ride was, totally cool law enforcement in Fla.

Thanks, Colorado is a crap shoot. East side has emissions. We don't over here yet. Cops are good unless you leave black marks on the street in front of them. Some are looking for anything, and some understand the philosophy behind it all.

Latest posts

Back