not for sale

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40tb

its a shame at all the old cars setting in fields and woods rusting away, and you ask will you sell them they say NO, I stopped at a farm last week there were 10 to 15, 20 and 30 model truck, seadans and cars setting in a field he just ran me off his place for asking he said they were for his goats to play on, it just makes you sick to see that, ok I have vented I just keep on looking:D

Yeah there is a 38 chevy sedan laying on its side in a creek. Not all the way in the creek, more like up on the small hill going down into the creek. I finally got ahold of the guy that owns the building next to the creek. Asked if hed like to sale the 38 chevy, and he had no idea what i was talking about. Then i was like, the car on the side of the creek.

Then i was told, "oh that old car, nope its not for sale its there to hold up the dirt from going into the creek". I about had a fit. So im thinking of contacting the city and see if i could get it so it would clean up the creek, or if its actually on his property. Didnt know you could own part of a creek that runs through the town.

i had a shot gun pulled on me for asking about a 57 chevy one time. knocked on the door, asked if the car was for sale ad the old guy said hold on a minute. i figured he was going to ask the owner but came back with a shot gun and asked if i saw a for sale sign on the dam car...............

Some of you older fellas may not get this analogy, but those people who won't sell anything are like the rich kid with the new Nintendo that would invite you over only to watch him play the games and not you. That ****es me off. I do, however, understand if he has someone in mind he's going to leave everything to.... man all those nice rides could be put to use. I stopped to check out some old tin one day while the owner was outside (being very obvious). Well I'll be damned if he didn't greet me with a shotgun thinking I was there to steal something.

I have a bunch of cabs, and car bodies, few are for sale. I won't get to all of them as projects, but I'd like to. And what ever I don't get too, my son will end up with.
But if someone stops in, that is what I'll tell them. But I know what you guys are talking about.

while on my honeymoon i found some GOOD old tin. We stayed at this 100 year old hotel on the lake. There were 2 old barns on the outskirts of the property, one still standing and the other pretty much a rock wall. Turns out that they still belong to the old owner, who happened to live across the road. So while the wifey was shopping i went a knockin at his door. Never met the guy before, but he invites me, and talks to me like he has known me forever.

sitting along side the barn was a '28 Model AA, with a factory dump, and factory dually axle. I asked him what he has planned for it and he said he wants to restore it. The guy was in his 80s! So, i ask about whats in the barn. Turns out that he has a '49 Plymouth thats been in the barn since Korea. He showed me a black and white pic, the car was a beauty with wide white walls. He called it his hot rod from his youth. Once again, he plans on restoring that too.

I didnt leave empty handed though, He had two 19" wire wheels in the collapsed barn. Picked em up for $40. His brother used on his sea plane so he could land at the airports. One day, he landed back on the lake with the tires down. Guess what happened.

I stopped and looked at a 69 vette 427/ 3 duece / 4spd / w side pipes & keydstones that was barely noticable. I probbaly went back at least 20 time (25 miles from g/f now wifes house). I pull up one day to see the car sitting out and the barn tore down. when I get to talk to the woman she tells me its her brothers and that she's gonna bury it with the barn. he wont come get it. when I call him its not for sale. I stop by a couple weeks later and the woman tells me that she works from 7-4:30 with a 30 minute drive each way and that if she comes home one random day to a car that is missing and a small cash reward in the mailbox that would be great. I never went back to get it , just couldnt make myself do it. but it was a shame cause I really wanted that car which was still in true spirit of the early 70s street scene.

So my boyfriend found this beauty today...

the 70 year old owner plans to restore it in the spring :(

Attachments

• PIC-0070.jpg
    PIC-0070.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 40
the barn is now gone .... they dug a hole and put the barn remains in it. the car is gone as well i dont know what happened to it. I should have picked it up while I could because i had some other vettes that I could have took a title from but I couldnt steal it and feel good about it

Spring of what year?? He probably was saying the same thing when it still had paint on it.

That's what I'm sayin!
He said he's had it since the late 60's and it was on the road up until about 2 years ago...*cough**bullcrap**cough*...it's missing all it's windows as well as the floor...poor thing

Last edited:
Yeah, the Model A on my avatar has been sitting on our family's ranch for OVER 40 YEARS!!!!!! My uncle pulled it out of the barn it was in because it was falling down. Now it just sits out in the brush rotting to nothing. I finally got the motivation to try and haul it back to my house to work on it. So I find out my cousin has the true title to it. I offered to buy it, but he now says he wants to hang on to it for a bit. A bit ??? The "bit" so far has been 40 years!!!!

Think about it from the other side. If I was a farmer had a bunch of old cars just sitting (probably from deceased family members), no matter if my plans were acceptable to the rodders or not, maybe I would rather look out and see them than see the hole left when the few dollars they brought was long gone.
If you know me at all then you know I find a lot of tin and bring quite a bit home, resell most of it. I never have a problem with the farmer who wants to keep his, just around the corner is another farm with more tin.

This thread reminds me of when I was 16.. There was a 66 impala ss that sat down the street and never moved for a good 15+ years.. When I turned 16 I went and asked if he would sell it to me with intentions of me and my ole man building it and driving.. The owner said no. 1 week later it was hauled off on a flatbed . A flatbed owned by a salvage yard that refuses to sell cars with a title cause they junk them.. :mad:

Latest posts

Back