not for sale

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen exactly the same situation around here too. I've had my eye on several old rust bucket cars and trucks for years that were going to be "restored" years ago. The majority are still sitting where I found them 10 years ago. Either they just won't sell them or the owners want entirely way too much for them. Most are worth about $500 - $700 on a good day but the usual asking price is about $3,500 which is insane!! I've also seen several hauled off for scrap because nobody would pay the $3,500. Some people are just plain idiots!!!

yeah, alot of the cars ive been eyeballing disappeared this summer. I'll give you one guess as to what happened to em. Can you imagine how many good cars were crushed down and sent to China this year?

What's really disgusting is how many of the cars these people wouldn't sell to us who would like to rebuild or restore them went to the crusher when steel prices went over $100 per ton. Now they're gone forever

check these cars out

some bridge i went over in Tennessee/Georgia:confused:

Attachments

• fall2006 105.jpg
    fall2006 105.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 37
  • fall2006 106.jpg
    fall2006 106.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 30
  • fall2006 107.jpg
    fall2006 107.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 30
  • fall2006 103.jpg
    fall2006 103.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 28
Why cant people just find big rocks to hold the banks back? I was fishing this past summer and found a '58 Cadillac burried halfway in the river bank. I asked my father about it and he can remember when the guy put it there.

Yet another car NOT FOR SALE in my life would be my uncle's '63 Impala 2door. My father and uncle drove from here to Chicago to get that car. Story goes they were doing 70mph with my father driving and my uncle holding on for dear life through some tunnel that goes underneath a river while driving the loaded rollback. This was around 1980. Once the car got back up here he never really got around to working on it, he took off the front clip and pulled the engine then put the rest of the car in a pole barn. My uncle died 10 years ago from cancer, his son now owns the Car. All my life i've wanted that '63 Impala. He WILL NOT sell it! I understand why, but i want it anyways.

Sad thing is all the parts are present, including the original 409 sitting on the floor in the middle of his garage! (which he wont sell either)

Latest posts

Back