not prewar, but...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moronthethrottle

Cross Member
This was too immaculate a collection of Pontiacs for me not to take some pics of to share with y'all. Met some super nice folks on a service call and they were kind enough to let me snap some shots of their "donor" cars. By my count they have 24 Pontiacs, I think they were all 57's.

They have six in mint condition including 3 (convertible) '57 Bonnie's as well. I took a couple shots of those as well, but they requested that I not post them...I'm ok with that and I figured you guys would probably drool more over the donors anyway!

If the owner is lurking out there, thanks again for the grand tour! It made my week.

Anyway, here ya go-they're climbing up the bunker walls trying to escape!

100_4926.jpg

100_4927.jpg

100_4928.jpg

100_4929.jpg

100_4930.jpg

What are they gonna do with em?[S..breaks my heart that they're just rotting away...always loved 56-57 Big Chiefs!:D...CR

Well, I'd take one or two of those if I HAD to.... the 58 Bonney is one of my favorite all time cars.

Cools pics MorOn!

Brings back memories

Wow, those old Pontiac photos are Cool! I love stuff like that. When I was a kid, we used to play in an old wrecking yard and I think that's where I learned to drive a standard shift car. We used to sit in the wrecked cars and pretend to be driving, banging gears like there was no tomorrow! Ya just don't see too much of that kinda stuff around here anymore. A number of years back, the Government decided to clean things up and went around getting rid of old cars laying around. Not too long ago though, my buddy and I wondered upon some old jewels in the bush behind his place. check 'em out!

Attachments

• DSC00451.jpg
    DSC00451.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00452.jpg
    DSC00452.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00453.jpg
    DSC00453.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00454.jpg
    DSC00454.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00458.jpg
    DSC00458.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 16
thanks for those pics-i really love the old 57 pontiacs......
we have one as a "family heirloom" but will probably never get to fix it up

Seeing pictures like that can give us all hope that somewhere out there is the next big find. By the way, I'm in the "service call" industry and I never get to see finds like this. What service industry are you in ?

Seeing pictures like that can give us all hope that somewhere out there is the next big find. By the way, I'm in the "service call" industry and I never get to see finds like this. What service industry are you in ?

I was down there helping a producer out with tractor mounted sprayer tanks. Scouted the back-roads whole way down there, saw nothing...as fate would have it, found the motherload at my end destination![cl

Latest posts

Back