Not really pertinant to here but I just got some bad news

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone with a friend that called me to tell me that another personal friend of mine died yesterday. Then as we were on the phone it came on the local news. I'm really sad over this. If you ever saw "Smokey & The Bandit" which I know most all of you have - he played the truck driver, "The Snowman". My friend Jerry Reed died from complications from emphysema here in Nashville. His family will have a private memorial service for him. He was a good man and what a talent with a guitar!!! He was truly amazing!

"East Bound and Down, Snowman!" - I will sincerely miss you!

Thunder1

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! Yes, he was so cool! One of my true hero's. I met him through my Uncle who was a friend of his for over 30 years. Like I said, I 'll miss him!

Thunder1

Sad news. I always liked his guitar picking and especially his version of Wabash Cannonball. I still have a Jerry Reed 8-track tape somewhere. RIP Mr. Reed.

Certainly a sad day. Tho, Jerry will live on in his music & films.

Rest In Peace, Jerry

That's really sad, I really liked him. I always felt like he'd be a really cool guy to know. Some friends and I where just talking about him in Smokey and the Bandit just a few days ago and we where trying to remember the name of his dog in the movie. Silly, I know. R.I.P. Jerry

That is sad to hear, I watch "Smokey and the Bandit" all the time, it's one of my favorites. I watch it from time to time because it reminds me of my grandfather (he looked just like Jackie Gleason), now I'll have another reason to watch it. RIP Snowman.

RIP Snowman

Will pull the the DVD out this weekend and have a watch in his memory.

10/4 over and out BUT not forgoten!

Latest posts

Back