Not trying to start anything

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shame, the guy was promoting real heavy a few years ago as Slaughterhouse customs. Hope the guy gets a refund. sure is a bad rap for the good guy's to work around.

Them rat rodders are a despicable bunch for sure! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB
smiley-says-yes-emoticon.gif

ya know, he knew he was never gonna build that fellas ride and still cashed the second check :mad: NOT :cool:

Call it what you will, but I'm a pretty good reader of people. I had a hunch that guy was a POS when he was posting here. No heart, just cashing in on a trend. Well it looks like he did. Sometimes ya hate to be right, but I always trust my gut. Hasn't let me down very often...

well
his company is called the SINNERS[ddd
nyuknyuk

he probably wouldnt have gotten much bidniz as I AM A THIEF rods inc.

I have herd this about this guy before. Its sad people have to be this way. It puts a bad taste in people mouth for the guys who actually do this for a living. Hooe you get your money back

ya know, he knew he was never gonna build that fellas ride and still cashed the second check :mad: NOT :cool:

I've run into people like this in business! There's a certain type of person that would rather make $5 dishonestly than $50 honestly. The ones I've met were very talented & could have *cleaned up* if they had just been on the up & up but had some character flaw that wound up bringing them crashing down! The car biz is no exception!

BoB

Agreed with tripper, these guys didn't appear to build junk. They could of really made a decent name for themselves.

Cocain's a helluva drug lol
I'll bet there's substance abuse in this story somewhere.
it never ends well for an abuser to have too much cash on hand.
Seen many entrepreneurial businesses die by cartel.
or
otherwise you can bet when you see biker gang cuts at shop parties the thing is history soon ;D

I've run into people like this in business! There's a certain type of person that would rather make $5 dishonestly than $50 honestly. The ones I've met were very talented & could have *cleaned up* if they had just been on the up & up but had some character flaw that wound up bringing them crashing down! The car biz is no exception!

BoB

long long ago
i worked for a guy like that
had all the wealthy customers the business could handle
and ended up being a darn thief.
20 years later he still owes me a buncha back pay and i know a lot of guys that would kill him if anybody knew where he was
he might not be alive anymore
like i said
long time ago

First mistake---never pay money up front for a job. Any job. If the money was to find a suitable car to start with, be there when the transaction is made. It's your money, you have the right to see what it's getting you. If they decline or insist you can't be there, run away, fast.

Second mistake---Sending more money. You don't even know what the first money was supposedly spent for, yet you send more?

I'm not letting the scammer off here, but for a scam to work, there has to be a willing victim. A little common sense goes a long way. Why send money to total stranger that you just met, and not know what it will be spent on? I believe there are always two sides to a story, I would like to hear the other one before I pass judgment.

I agree with what Bama said. Dont pay up-front . I think the number 1 rip-off in the country is home repair guys,that get paid for parts and stuff and then dont do the job. Im working on a job now , finishing what somebody got paid for and didnt finish.

Gee...I remember he was adamant he was not associated with all the Slaughter House flack about them being shysters and rip offs...I too thought there was something not adding up with his BS

youse all raise some good points....

from the other side of the fence ..(or pacific in my case) as a bodyman for a number of years, people like this also get burnt by people who see what they want , the bodyman commits to the project, but the owner doesn't see how much time is going in to project. take any one of you,-- you start out doing a 2 hr job , but the reality is your still doing that part some 5 hours later.

could you justify that to a customer?

so the body man trys to be realistic enough to see the reality from his customer and his own financial reality.. sadly often the two realities don't meet. so as things start going downhill there is the 'you pay X amount upfront then we do part payments along the way' ...

that's usually the first sign of previous bad goodwill and possibly someone who is financially struggling to keep a dream alive

then when the whole lot turns pear shaped, the apparent failure of self takes over the mindset - some just run away from their responsibilities, quite often because they cant even face themselves

id like to add that I hate any sort of rip of merchant , and seeing folks getting ripped off makes me mad...

I too worked for a guy - amazing body man gas welded a flat sheet into a 1950's rover rear door them hammered and filed his way to a double reverse curve , after about 3 days he had a huge howly bag and threw the door across the workshop-- all because he just could not pick out small weld hollow to completely file the door with no filler !! in the early 1980's the hourly rate here was $30 ... I could never understand the whys of it all ,, but got to just over $700 ! and he still had to weld the inner structure back in paint and assemble that door.. very clever man but really an 8 hour job still with great result with a bit of filler needless to say his business closed and I was out of a job....
I learned some great stuff off that guy, some of them was to be frugal with my time, and a little bit of filler was ok

just thought id share some past experiences..
not that I was one these rip off merchants !

Crate was thinking.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back