Now that's 1 expensive rat rod!!! ; - >

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he is definately playing into it being the famous "Scottys Chops" coupe and all the prominance it carries. Awful expensive though.

Legend in my own mind

I think he is definately playing into it being the famous "Scottys Chops" coupe and all the prominance it carries. Awful expensive though.

Yes, and I'm a legend in my own mind too! Doubt it will get anywhere close to that "Buy It Now" price. :eek:

Beercan

Hey, the good side is , if he does get his price, it sets the bar for Rat value. Rat Rods are an Art form.. and Artist's should be duly compensated for your efforts.

There must be more to the car than I am seeing. :confused: I don't care if the Pope owned it, that is way out of line. I'm amazed it jumped to $ 10K already, but I bet it won't hit the BIN price, but I have seen some crazy stuff on Ebay.

The car could be duplicated for half that amount, and celebrity only goes so far.

Don

I'm a little surprised it has gone that high, but with Ebay you never know. I have gotten way more than I ever expected for items I have sold there, and at times have paid way more than I thought I would pay. People get caught up in the bidding and not wanting to have someone beat them out, I think.

It will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Don

I'm a little surprised it has gone that high, but with Ebay you never know.

Don,
As you know, getting a bid and getting the money can be two separate issues. I've also seen people have their friends run the bidding up with bogus bids and all kinds of other stuff. More power to him if he sells it at that price!

Beercan

I must be living under a rock. Didn't have a clue what the world famous car was, not like its The California Kid or Milner's Coupe. A steal at $29,600 I mean the seller did the stealing.

Sucker!

Yep... a sucker is born *every* minute!!! What's funny is... I've never even heard of that "famous" car!

Those last pictures in the ebay listing were taken at the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. Used to be owned by Sarah Winchester, wife/widow of the owner of the Winchester Firearms Co. Very interesting story behind that house! :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not beating up on the car either, but it just sold for way more than I would have ever imagined. Evidently, someone was motivated by the magazine coverage and somewhat celebrity of the car. I think there are better buys out there for that kind of money, but in the final analysis only the buyer and seller count in that transaction. Maybe that is why so many people sell their cars right after they are featured in some magazine? :confused:

I know of a local bobber truck that sold on Ebay for $ 17K and change. I saw it at a local show and it had some.......................how do I say this nicely..........."questionable" construction techniques. There was almost no clearance between the radius rod and drag link, the suspension was not the best, and in general it was just not put together well. Yet it sold for $ 17K+. I wouldn't have paid $ 5K for it personally.

Don

car

i thougth people buyin over priced cars at barret jackson were crazy, i'd like to sit down and have a talk to the man or women that bought this car, thats nutz almost $30k

fads

you se it just goes to show that fad-rodders are alot like that chopper-fad crowd-want one b/c its the "new cool" thing to have. well, i got into the rat rod scene b/c of prices of stuff (and b/c i'm gettin tired of doin bodywork!)
but this shows prices bigger than i'd even imagine or can afford, and it may be famous to somebody but not to me!!! i'll stick to old rods even when the "fad" is gone..........:cool:

Latest posts

Back