Now this really is bull ****

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I had some checks to deposit this morning. My bank has recently began enforcing the funds available policy so the money isn't available until the next day. So I go to the bank a check is drawn on and they charge $7.50 to cash it. Plus 2 forms of ID and a thumb print. Wells Fargo. And speaking of Wells Fargo, they stopped letting anyone use the name for stuff like the old repop stage coach strong boxes and locks.
$7.50 to cash their own check. That kinda crap shouldn't even be legal

Wells Fargo is a bunch of a holes. We had a car financed through them several years ago, got a payment or two behind. They would not work with us in any way to help catch it up, we were going to make partial payments every week until it was caught up, no, they wanted it all right then plus a big late fee, about 1/2 a payment IIRC. I told them to pound sand and come get the car. Every time they called after they got it I told them to f off. I never paid another cent on it.

I heard they're suppose to start finger printing you when you try to deposit cash. I can't say this is true just hearsay.

Wells Fargo is horrible and doesn't give a damn about their customers but BOA and Comerica are even worse. Small local banks and credit unions are the way to go.

Toad

Wells Fargo SUCKS !!!

Wells Fargo is horrible and doesn't give a damn about their customers but BOA and Comerica are even worse. Small local banks and credit unions are the way to go.

Toad

Yup, worst bank in the world and bad experiences all around. Had a birthday check from my dad and went there to cash it (no account of my own at the time). They wouldn't because I only had one picture ID, so I had to drag his 95 year old butt down there. Different teller says, "You don't need to write another check, we'll just use your debit card." A-holes of the Nth magnitude and he still banks there.

I had to get an account for SSI deposits and Chase is the closest, so went with them. They are really nice so far, lots of friendly faces. Hope it works out...

Last edited:
My favorite bank fee now is how they start charging you for having less than $200 in your savings account. All the sudden a small amount of cash is harder to keep track of.

Chase bank is the same way. My biggest excavation customer uses chase bank. They charge me to cash their check or I can wait the rediculous amount of time it takes them to clear the check with my bank if I just deposit it. Either way chase makes it take forever for me to get paid.

Credit unions still treat their customers like real people.

They Used too. Been a credit member for over 40 years. The local one just merged with another one and now things are changing. Shorter hours. More fees, etc. Just like the banks.:(
Torchie

Credit Union for me....

My local Bank started to pull all the same crap as the big banks...then lo and behold they got bought up by another chain....glad I switched...been ten years and never a hitch with the credit union....hope it never changes....

Gonna try and make a long story short. Was a member of my credit union from the day it opened. After 18 yrs went in to make a loan with no collateral. Wanted $5,000, had $30,000 in savings, wanted to pay back $500 a month taken out of paycheck. They refused even after I said to put a hold on $5,000 of my savings. Needless to say I told them to fornicate themselves and withdrew my $30,000 in cash (refused a check) and went on my merry way. I did leave $20 in my savings so they would have to send me monthly statements, been going on for 27 years.

I have Wells Fargo and simply use them for my direct deposit and I live off of my debit card with them. But I hate going inside because they try to upsell you on every service they have.

On the radio one morning there was a program about how WF is in trouble because they were pushing their employees so hard to sell services that they would require them to do so many a day or be reprimanded. So, employees were creating fake accounts by using money from other accounts to open new ones, and also adding on services to existing accounts that you did not want or ask for.

Wells Fargo answered that by saying "We try to provide our customers with a complete range of services and the best banking experience we can." :rolleyes:

Don

Wells Fargo

I ended my account with them years ago. I needed more deposit slips than were supplied with my checkbooks, as I deposited my payroll checks every week. They wanted to charge me for more deposit slips, and I refused to buy them, instead, I would just hand the check to a teller and ask to deposit it. After a couple weeks they informed me it would cost a dollar each time I did this. No problem, I walked inside and withdrew all my money and have never been back.

They Used too. Been a credit member for over 40 years. The local one just merged with another one and now things are changing. Shorter hours. More fees, etc. Just like the banks.:(
Torchie
Sad. I guess i have one of the remaining good ones.

Latest posts

Back