OH NO! Body work & paint article in the new Street Rodder!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Holy Smokes!!! I was complaining about all the paint & body work articles in the car mags lately & lo & behold... my fav, Street Rodder, has one this month too. WHAT stone can be left unturned on this subject!? Are they just doing it because some other mag did it! Wake me up... am I really in the Twilight Zone!?!? :eek:[S:eek:

BoB

Attachments

• Serling.jpg
    Serling.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
It's a conspiracy, I tell you. They are trying to get rid of all the cars with patina on them ! :eek: Could we be entering a new era of pastel shaded street rods?????? :eek::D

Don

It's a conspiracy, I tell you. They are trying to get rid of all the cars with patina on them ! :eek: Could we be entering a new era of pastel shaded street rods?????? :eek::D

I might even paint my bumpers the same color as my car! Wait a second, I don't have bumpers! [S

Beercan

Every year most of the mags run a bodywork & paint issue. They tend to repeat other themes annually too. Such as aftermarket steel and glass bodies, crate engines, suspension systems, etc.
It's gotta be difficult to come up with articles that are of interest to all the readers.
Used to read every word in all the mags. Now, I scan them and only read what interests me.
There's more fun and info to be had on RRR and a few other places.

They need to keep their advertisers happy and show some product use, I guess. Actually there is a need to show the newbies a few things, though it is boring for those of us who have been reading for years (old farts who know it all:rolleyes:). I just look at the pics, occasionally I see something interesting or that makes me laugh.
Best articles are ones with the legendary pioneers like Gene Winfield, Bill Hines, etc., working their craft.

They need to keep their advertisers happy and show some product use,

Years ago, I wrote a rebuttal to an article that ran in Hot Rod magazine. They never printed it. Years later, I stopped the publisher for speeding. He was driving a BMW (yikes!). I told him about their article and my rebuttal. I asked him why they didn't print it. He said it would upset their advertisers.

Sure, if you look at any of the tech articles they do they always use one of their advertisers to do the work. Sometimes they do that to entice a potential advertiser to come on board as well. TV shows do that as well, displaying advertisers banners all over their shop.

Did you give the publisher guy a ticket, or did he try to bribe you with a free subscription? :D:D

Don

Latest posts

Back