Ohio Noob

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeppermintPatty

Hi there,

Noob from NE OH. I've got a '23 T Bucket, built by my dad in the early 70's...changed hands a time or two & is now back with me. 40 years after he sold it, my dad bought it back, quickly became frustrated w/ what the previous owner did to it & I happily took it off his hands.

It doesn't really need much, but I'm updating a few things to my liking.

then:
302181_1971102528691_238174185_n_zpsc48c3403.jpg

last summer (prev owner re-painted, installed lights upside down & many other little things that I have/haven't come across yet):
photo_zps0b3143e4.jpg

I'm currently waiting on powdercoat on new headers & I have a set of wheels & tires ready to go, plus a couple other do-dads. Those turbines & white letters have to go (yee-haw?).

It's not exactly a rat, but this seems like a good community. Anyway, I'm here looking for a place to hang out, maybe make some new pals & have a good time. Don't disappoint me. ;)

-Karri

I agree w/ you (and 26TRoadster) on the wheels - they are not right for a T. (The "Then" picture looks better, the way your dad had it.)

And welcome from Holmes County, Ohio.

Thanks, guys.

I agree. He had aluminum slots on it, now long gone, apparently with the cross ram intake as well.

The only redeeming quality about these, is that they are Shelby wheels, better suited to the General Lee though. Pretty sure I'm keeping them just to store it through the winters on. I don't want to leave it sitting for too long of a period on the bias plys.

I have a set of hot rod wires on order from Coker (ordered back in January), the ETA is now pushed back to 12/31/14. I grabbed some smoothies from Summit a few weeks ago & had them powdercoated in the meantime.

photo_zpsd98ad2b7.jpg

lake headers w/ baffles & turnouts, quick testfit before coating:
photo_zps12dd6805.jpg

i don't believe that is the right style for the general, but close. there are still old slots out there and the indy sprint are being produced again. i had a set of them wheels on a olds gutless when i moved to bama 29 years ago, and wish i still had them.

Welcome to RRR! Glad to see your "fixing" it. Those rims and tires will make a huge difference - your Dad had it lookin' good.

nice ride... [cl I had a 27 found out real quick that I couldnt buy all the stuff to finish it so it had to go ... I didnt think it all the way threw, before I ordered it . them parts are expensive :eek:

Hey Peppermintpatty! Welcome to RRR from New Mexico ! Very cool T-Bucket ya got there! Yeah theres probably some things Id change in the looks,but Im not gonna be driven it . Build it to your likings. THEN HAVE FUN & DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT !!

Last edited:
I could probably build 10 different Ts, there are many looks I like...although, none of which would be the fad T style.

Some things are growing on me with this one & some things have to go. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it as long as I can though.

Thanks!

Welcome to RRR from Ky! Lots of friendly people here so you will fit right in. Nice "T" by the way. Post up a picture with the new steelies on.[P

Will do! I should have them on this weekend. Weather's getting nice & I'm itching to get out. My headers were supposed to be done @ powdercoat early this week, hoping to get a call today & get that buttoned up too.

Latest posts

Back