OK, I promised pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More

My picking buddy and the old guy I'm buying from

This chevy is headed for the crusher. I pulled a good hood, a bent up grille and a Firestone heater out of the scrap inside it. All for $20

$1000, no title and stuck Merc engine with the heads off, overdrive.

Now the sad news, I have every cent of my picking money and bill paying money tied up in these so one of them will have to go. I'd love to keep the panel, it would make an awesome picking van. But I will never, ever stumble across another Mullins. However, I'd probably not use it much either. Maybe just tow it behind the rpu to show off once in a while. Or I could off the collection of 35-36 pickup parts and maybe keep both of these. How do you vote?

I'd get rid of the pickup parts and keep the Mullins and the panel. The panel looks solid, but finding doors will be tough unless something else will interchange. Might have to have them made by somebody like cornfield customs...........

The Mullins restored would probably bring in more money than all the rest put together.

Doors are out there. There's a set on ebay right now for 400 or best offer and they've been relisted at least once. They fit 40-47
I found one restored Mullins that sold for $6500 and one from some Henry Ford connection that brought $26,000. I could probably make 1500-2000 on it just like it sits, or restore it and have $4000+ into it to get $6500.

Last edited:
I could really do some shopping there!

Come on up, I'll hook you up. It's pretty much all for sale.
This is one of those great stories. Old guy with lots of cool stuff, his prices are mostly fair and it isn't going to the crusher next week.
I had my eye on a Model A coupe trunklid. He wanted 2 bills for it. I was going to snag it on one of my trips and yesterday he sold it to a guy while I was tieing down the Mullins. Those are next to impossible to find and easily worth twice that. Oh well, that guy needed it and I didn't.
He wants $700 for the 2 F1s and the extra cab. That's not a bad deal. I think 6 bills for the three 41 Fords. But the price is the price, try to haggle even a little and he gets a little testy. I did and he said "my prices are fair already".

I have a friend in the uk who would buy the panel in a heartbeat if it a decent price. Actually I'm sure he would buy enough off of ya to fill my 53' trailer.

I would love those three '41's and that sounds like a pretty dang good deal on em too. Looks like you found a very cool place and a pretty good guy to deal with.

Latest posts

Back