Ok I thought I heard it all.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a great bumper sticker:

'If God didn't want me to eat animals, then why'd he make them out of meat?'

I spent a year and a half of my misspent youth as a vegetarian. Lost a lot of weight, was always sick, looked awful, but I never tried to convert any one to follow the same path. I finally broke down one day and had a whole bucket of fried chicken and haven't looked back since. I might still look awful, but I ain't skinny and I feel great!

Most times its best to smile dumbly nod your head and walk away. (and stop for a greasy double cheese burger on the way home.

I've got no problem with someone that decides not to eat meat for 'health' reasons or wants to save whales etc. from extinction. When they turn that stuff into a religion like this woman has, maybe it's time they go find God instead. (not dissing on religion at all BTW)

My argument when confronted by someone trying to push this crap on me is "If we stopped eating animals, what would we do with all of the cattle, sheep, pigs and chickens? Would we just turn them loose? There is already not enough farm land on the planet to even begin to feed the human race if we were all vegan. There would be even less if we opened all of the gates to set the animals free. This would lead to massive die off due to starvation in both the animal and human populations. Tell me how this is a good idea?!?!?!?"

That usually ends the conversation.

ohhh man ... vegans are my pet mfin peeve... i cant stand someone who will stand up for the rights of an animal as far as eating or use of the hides but at the same time generally disregards the fact and has no problem wearing animal friendly clothing made by 3rd world child slaves who are starving just dreaming of the day they can afford a slice of meat for lunch during their 3 min break from a 16 hour work day of making bs pleather so some stuck up yuppie can say ... I am animal FRIENDLY -- yea well Im Human Friendly so I wear leather... eat meat, and drive a gasoline car...
i dont rant much but there it is.

I agree. I guess on some level you have to admire a person that will stand up for thier convictions, even if they aren't well thought out.
PC is a hard sell for me, always someone who can poke holes in it, lol.
Well said cantwell.

i just hafta.....

well, i think every one of us are in agreement on the vegan/vegetarian issue...but now for my politically incorrect, religiously influenced rant....

man is and has been a meat eater since Genesis.
Even Jesus ws a meat eater-John's gospel tells of Christ cooking fish for his disciples and asking them to join him in eating.....

if someone wants to refrain from eating meat for health reasons, as Sam mentioned, the OK, fine by me-just don't go crazy with cramming it down someone else's throat (pun intended:D) personally i feel this way about religion, too
the vegetarian-vegan-go green world pushes their own agenda and actually puts the value of an animal equal to that of a human--which doesn't raise the standards for animals, it brings DOWN the value of human life-to the point of more people aware of (and fighting against) animal "abuses" than are aware of human rights violations and the terrible things done to humans
the next time a model says "no" to sitting on leather, more power to her-she has that right- but i would let her take her stand on someone else's dime!!

rant over, hope i didn't get too offensive Mr. Moderator:eek:

the next time a model says "no" to sitting on leather, more power to her-she has that right- but i would let her take her stand on someone else's dime!!

I have to agree, I would have only paid her for half the shoot then aswell (assuming she was being paid for her services). Plain and simple reasoning, I got half the shots I wanted to get, so you get half the money you thought you were going to get...

Try being a meat cutter when one of these fanatics come in to the store.

After their first couple sentences I say "Keep talking, I get paid by the hour"

Customer service at it's finest[cl

Try being a meat cutter when one of these fanatics come in to the store.

After their first couple sentences I say "Keep talking, I get paid by the hour"

Customer service at it's finest[cl

That's funny!!![cl..What do they think, you're gonna quit your job because it's unfair?:D..CR

:D LOL

The best is the people that think our live lobster tank is inhumane. One lady said that to me and I replied "They're not human":confused: She went right to the manager and he almost laughed her out of the store. He actually asked her very politely to leave.

The other one is the little stickers they have from PETA that say "We're not food we're fish" Them ones suck to get off the tank and butcher block glass. The reason it sucks is we can't use regular chemicals to clean the glass. They have to be food grade chemicals (that's actually a good one LOL) We actually started using our machine oil on the glass. Them little stickers well, they wont stick and it keeps the little ones from stuffing their face up against the glass...after the first time.[P

On a more serious note, some of those people actually do good for the animals. If you knew how the animals were raised/harvested when you eat meat, you might have an opinion too. One "cause" that was championed by some celebs a few years ago was how KFC treated the chickens, it was inhumane. The cuase wasn'r to not eat chicken, it was to not be so abusive to them. There is also this savaant (sp?) lady named Temple Grandon who has made great strides. She redesigns how slaughter houses are ran so the animals stay calm all the way to the slaughter floor. Many big companies like McD's have hired her as a consultant.

On a more serious note, some of those people actually do good for the animals. If you knew how the animals were raised/harvested when you eat meat, you might have an opinion too. One "cause" that was championed by some celebs a few years ago was how KFC treated the chickens, it was inhumane. The cuase wasn'r to not eat chicken, it was to not be so abusive to them. There is also this savaant (sp?) lady named Temple Grandon who has made great strides. She redesigns how slaughter houses are ran so the animals stay calm all the way to the slaughter floor. Many big companies like McD's have hired her as a consultant.

So how did she know it was leather from a confinement cow and not a free range cow? [S

Seriously, I'm not at all for the whole corporate confinement farming of meat either. The only winners there are the stock holders.

That was a strange shoot I bet.:confused:

Hey I told ya. Anything in the southern Ohio or Northern KY area, My Girl will gladly help ya out. Shes always been into the retro scene and she loves Rat Rods! She dont care if ya have a bear skin rug for a seat. As a matter of fact, that would just get her going for the shoot.[ddev RR

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
I did.

You are better off getting another model, at least one who shaves her legs and pits....[cl

There are just crazy people out there. I had a model who would not sit on the tires because she said that she is allergic to latex. Then she would not touch the steering wheel after she was in the Rod also. So trust me when I say that some people are just a little more carzy then the others ssome times. :confused:

There are just crazy people out there. I had a model who would not sit on the tires because she said that she is allergic to latex. Then she would not touch the steering wheel after she was in the Rod also. So trust me when I say that some people are just a little more carzy then the others ssome times. :confused:

Do they think they are some of the high paid ecentric celebrities? [S The 1st time they told me they couldn't do something I wanted them to do, they would be out the door...minus any pay![cl....CR:D

Latest posts

Back